Flat bottom wheel retrofit?

I believe the airbag bits and pieces are the same so a relatively quick change.

I have considered it as I am fairly long in the leg and it makes getting in an out easier.

I did it on mine but I manage to cut an airbag cable when I removed the airbag unit..

But if you take it slowly and not like me (I have a spare minut eeh lets do it) and it took me 3h due to the cable gave me errors.

Its actually amazing what a decent steering wheel does for a car.

I had a CitiGo Monte Carlo the other week whilst my Elegance was in for a service and it basically has the vRS wheel sans MF buttons.

I immediately thought "!@$/ this steering wheel is a million times nicer than mine".

If the Mk3 wasnt such a depreciation disaster i'd chop mine for a new vRS TDi tomorrow.

I'll ask in here as this thread seems to be getting people's attention! What is required to fit a MFSW to a non-MFSW car? Is there an additional harness that needs to be purchased at the smae time, or is it just a matter of coding it all in? I'd ideally like to add the paddles as well.

Cheers

I think its more difficult in cars without an existing MFSW as they dont have the right steering controller.

Probably requires a replacement control module of some sort, associated wiring and coding but dont quote me on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been up to my stealer and he says it's difficult because the FBSW has a different snap ring and other parts.

Anyone else here in the UK asked the question and got a different answer?

I didnt change anything else than wheel and airbag, where should that snap thing be?

I'm not sure mate, just quoting what he said, I might ask another dealer.