Week one in my space back.

So I've had the Rapid just over a week now, between my and the wife we have covered just over 500mile.

It's a 64 plate 105 TDI and I have to say I'm very impressed with it.

I am also pleased to report (mild gloating, sorry) that my car has yet to exhibit any of the troubles that I've read about so far.

No squeaks or rattles

Wipers don't clunk and the blades clear well.

No knocks when covering rough ground or bumps.

My lights work great, both in brightness of standard bulbs and no dimming when I move from lock to lock.

MPG is great, granted I'm only using MFD at this time and my own measure

(£20 fuel in = 200 miles = good times) the Rapid sips the black stuff and got me 240 mile from light to light on £20 dino juice.

My Amundsen HU works well with BT audio and phone all working like it should - not tried a cable connection yet mind. SatNav and Dab are well worth getting.

THAT ROOF! I love the panoramic roof, I didn't think id be that fussed about it, and if I was speccing a new car I probably wouldn't have bothered but - it does make such a difference, adding a wow factor when I'm on taxi duty for the Fam.

It does make the car colder however and I've found myself using the blind more than I thought I would, I was supprised at the difference it made to internal temp.

The TDI isn't the quietest or the most refined in the world it's fair to say. Remap is on my list. "/

Despite the massive arch gap the car doesn't roll around to much - just looks silly.

I'll add some Pics when I get on the laptop later.

I got my car from Gordon Lamb in Derby. Simon was my guy, and he was great in sorting the car and doing the handover.

Their Valeting team did a good job prepping the car, not a great job - but acceptable I guess.

Oily finger marks on the sun visor and it was obvious the windows were cleaned indoors the second I took it outside.

Some (not obvious) mud marks in the boot.

But I'd recommend them.

So there we are for update 1 - 4400 mile and counting.

Troy.

• Like 1

Hello, i ordered two weeks ago a Spaceback also, a 1.6 TDI 90 PS with DSG.

I ordered also a few extras that put the Spaceback in a order list to be produced if all goes weel in the first week of May.

Edited by movel93

• 1 month later...

I'm another very happy Skoda owner, having just driven my first 800 miles in a 14-reg Rapid Spaceback 1.6 TDI CR Elegance bought a couple of weeks back.

I picked this up, in virtually new condition, with only 3700 miles on the clock. It was originally supplied by Vindis Skoda, Cambridge, and they have just run it through the workshop - giving it a 100% clean bill of health.

Having previously owned a diesel Octavia for 4 years, and driven it for 74,000 miles, I was looking for something equally reliable and flexible.

So far, the Spaceback has been excellent and I am delighted with it.

• Like 2