VRS Diesel Leak

Afternoon all 

Not 2 days after having my tandem pump replaced as it was leaking on my '07 VRS PD170, I've discovered a second diesel leak :-( 

Appears to be coming from where the bottom of the 3 rubber pipes from the fuel filter join the metal pipe that runs over the top of the engine, so i suspect its simply perished or the clip has nicked the rubber.

My question is, obviously this there are only 2 clips on this pipe so removal/refit is a doddle but is it a job that can be done easily at home or will the system need a full bleed before I can start the car? or are these return pipes and dont matter?

Thanks  in advance

Phil  

Hi Phil, I'm no expert here but I believe as with changing the Fuel filter, Maybe just turn the ignition on and off a couple of times to let the lift pump run some diesel through and I'm sure she will fire up and be fine.

When I changed the filter on mine I lost some diesel out the canister, but it fired up straight away and I let it idle for a few mins to settle, but all was well.

I really cant see any risk in doing this. :no:

there no need to bleed the system as a PD engine will prime itself when you turn the key to the ignition position.  The pipes are very easy to replace as I replaced two of them before and replacement pipes are available from your skoda dealer or TPS

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted! 

Didn't even venture to Skoda, Halfords 8mm fuel pipe, £4 for a meter fixed in under 5 minutes! 

Reviewing the old pipe it was fine on the top but was badly perished on the opposite side under where the clip site hence the leak.

Thanks for the help Guys! 

• Like 4

well done you have saved yourself a lot of money !

the dealer charged me £70 for the part only for two pipes as they didn't sell the single rubber pipe by itself as mine was leaking quite badly so I didn't have time to look for a cheaper alternative.

Thanks Guys

I cut slightly more than I needed to allow for engine movement as I didn't want the pipe going tight

I just thought "sod it" end of the day if I break down I've got the AA!