LWhite 92's Fabia vRS Rebuild!

LWhite92

As most of you probably know by now, my fab was written off at the beginning of March in a head on collision (not my fault) with a Peugeot 207. 

The Peugeot lost but sadly I'm still left with the task of repairing/rebuilding my fab. 

I have a few plans in mind and have had for a while now so I shall be using this as an excuse to do them!

I'll start with a few pics of the car as she is now. We've got her back from the body shop that did the damage assessment and she's now locked away in our workshop just waiting for money to come through from the insurance company before I can then get cracking :)

I know a few people were interested to see how I get on so here you go!

This was her before hand

DoningtonPark.jpg

This is her now

DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

DSCF1347.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

DSCF1355.jpg

Edited by LWhite92

Least the chassis isn't damaged from what I can see, will be good to see it back on the road :)

I repaired my cat c a few months back

a55b69255da5e2115af7829c58e7b82e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Least the chassis isn't damaged from what I can see, will be good to see it back on the road :)

I repaired my cat c a few months back

a55b69255da5e2115af7829c58e7b82e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That looks a bit more painful than mine!

Yeah luckily no damage to chassis, just panels and surround structures. 

As you can see, slam panel is rather bent along with rad and the intercooler (thankfully just standard sidemount) is rather smashed too. 

Bossfox, second opinion should be with me by beginning of next week and will then be forwarded straight onto Admiral. Once they're received this it should then just be a case of agreeing a figure and then getting my payout. I will be having those parts off you! Promise! 

• 3 weeks later...

Right finally I've managed to make some progress and have started dismantling... 

Started by taking the grill slam panel and bumper off and remaining headlight out

4466AF9D-56B5-4462-8951-F998C1878A12.jpg

Could then get a better look at the damage behind the headlight

B3CB21F5-3FE7-4FA8-8473-65DD157F0622.jpg

This had also pushed the fuel regulator back and at a funny angle.

As you can see the intercooler has a rather large hole around the top pipe (hence no boost) and this has also damaged the connection between the 1st two boost pipes. 

Anyway, then removed the intercooler and 1st boost pipe.

310D4047-EEB0-4545-883B-4703E52B4844_1.j

Next job is to remove the crash bar and rad pack (but didn't think it was a good idea starting that at 11 o'clock at night)

Here's how she's sat at the moment

564A57CB-B6AD-4466-8A29-F487EE29B0FF.jpg

• Like 2

Just replacing the sidemount for now as desperately want the car back.

Had another fight with insurance company this morning over settlement fingers, just want my car back :(

Ah thanks Charlie,  have just got one but thank u anyway :)

Removed the wing last week and was pleasantly surprised by how straight the car is underneath so that was certainly a positive. 

Also learnt that there was once an air duct that also sat with the intercooler... mine was obliterated in the crash so never knew about it!  :(  lol also have a new one of those along with a new map sensor as that was also smashed lol. 

Intercooler is now fitted and am in the process of sorting out a new bumper and rad pack courtesy of Mr Fox lol

4686D415-2660-4CDC-8AC1-661E4E3E8F06.jpg

Finally making some progress at last!!! Hopefully I'll be able to give you some more regular updates now too  :clap:

• Like 1

Haha Tom that was fitted Tuesday night :D also picked up and fitted a new bonnet that evening too.

6F7079CA-6D1F-48CD-80CC-290AB16F35E6.jpg

I'm not really surprised mine was smashed looking at where it sits so am very grateful for yours!

This evening Karl (my other half) and I collected a bumper and rad pack from BossFox so now we have removed the old crash bar and rad pack ready to fit the new ones soon. 

Am in the process of sourcing a new wing and headlights but things are certainly coming together :)

This is how we've left her this evening...

BA4E2EBC-7E4B-4B3A-B5A6-7C941B3DDAF4.jpg

Edited by LWhite92
  • Like 1

Right things are all moving quite a bit quicker now!

Rad pack and crash bar are all fitted and plumbed in which meant we have actually been able to get her running again (didn't realised how much I'd missed the sound of a clattery VAG diesel!!

5E6FB6D9-6DC1-4ADC-9072-2D85AB74C7B9.jpg

(Yes the rad was actually fitted before she was started up lol)

Fog lights have been sorted and tinted too ready to go in the new bumper

B43205FB-76E6-4E35-8E56-F8762BF2B951.jpg

Then to top things off my new wing has arrived today 

004F5073-3BBE-461A-8495-3D1A9AD533E0.jpg

And then my lovely new Depo headlights have been marked as shipped too!

E994CD10-4BA0-4EB7-949C-1A7A98E4E1F4_1.p

I will post an update tomorrow as to how much is fitted this evening ;) 

• Like 2

Me too Charlie!!

I'm so impressed by how uniform the fabs are when it comes to fitting replacement panels and the like.

Wing is now fitted

7E353F32-DA01-4185-A53F-CE3D99A0BBDB.jpg

Which means the front bumper is now fitted along with headlight washers, colour coded covers, grill and fogs.

Now this is the 1 part of the car that certainly isn't as it was before... this bit has got a certain Bossfox look about it...

F3A1569D-D132-4101-B6D5-BC8F4728DC90.jpg 

Haha!!!

43CED301-1AD2-47AE-947C-EB97512E3575.jpg

Now i am just waiting for vinyl for the new grill to arrive and getting really impatient waiting for my headlights!!!

Other than that, she is almost there!!!! :D :D :D

Edited by LWhite92
  • Like 1

Haha it's certainly gona stay that colour for a little while lol 

I just can't wait to have her back on the road again. Looking at getting the whole car sprayed in the near future but just need her usable again for now lol. 

• Like 2

Now this is the 1 part of the car that certainly isn't as it was before... this bit has got a certain Bossfox look about it...

F3A1569D-D132-4101-B6D5-BC8F4728DC90.jpg

Haha!!!

Absolutely Epic !!! :sun:

You should paint the rest of the car to match.

• Like 4

Haha

As much as I do love the fantasy green front bumper the rest of the car will NOT BE going that colour lol.

A colour change is potentially on the cards but not to that...

Even though it will be worth a £million to the "right" buyer...

Haha it has been suggested a few times but I have other plans lol.

Looks awesome! (biased, used to own an fgf lol) nice puma too btw :P

Thank u :) the fg bumper is growing on me I have to admit. The puma is my o/h's 2nd car so I've been driving it since my crash but am desperately missing my fab!

• Like 1