Where am I get a decent turbo

It's on a 121k first one was I suppose just age related, I got a replacement sourced from here that blew within 2 days I had it fitted at unit 18 and ali said it didn't sound healthy, got a replacement fitted 18 months ago and again ali said it still didn't sound healthy but couldn't do anything about it 18 months later it popped

xman turbos (a sponsor on here) can probably supply a brand new garrett pd150 turbo for about £400-£450 (I have no idea of actual cost)

In retrospect this seems cheap given the amount of used turbos + labour you have bought up to this point.  A PD150 fitted from the moment you blew the first turbo would still be going now I reckon.

You have pm devonutopia

Indeed.  Hope you have more luck in the future.  Not good what you've experienced.   :(

PS: That PD150 hybrid would be a good buy, especially if you can get it for £500 collected and get that downpipe included.

Indeed. Hope you have more luck in the future. Not good what you've experienced. :(

PS: That PD150 hybrid would be a good buy, especially if you can get it for £500 collected and get that downpipe included.

Is that the one I commented on in the for sale section? Do you reckon that will be a good buy? And do you think the downpipe will fit? Edited by pete_fabbie_vrs

That's £550 plus vat though isn't it? Mine plus a few little bits needed for the swap came to over £700. Still I cant fault there service.

I was changing it myself and I rung them to answer some questions about the swap and the guys were happy to help.

That's £550 plus vat though isn't it? Mine plus a few little bits needed for the swap came to over £700. Still I cant fault there service.

I was changing it myself and I rung them to answer some questions about the swap and the guys were happy to help.

Spoke to them today and it was £550 all in, was going to go the hybrid route again but was advised they don't do them as there "trash" his words lol, anyway £550 for a new unit and a good guarentee, I'm happy. And to be fair im not after huge figures as it's mainly my mrs that drives this one.

That sounds too cheap for a new turbo, i would expect at least double that for a genuine garett or kkk turbocharger, i use cr turbo engineering in new Milton for all my turbo repairs etc.

Definitely right

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/garrett-gt1749vb-turbocharger-for-1-9-tdi-arl-pd150.html

Just spoke to them and it is plus vat, cheeky sod yesterday told me it was inclusive of vat so it takes it to £708 with braided oil feed

Edited by pete_fabbie_vrs

You'll also need blanking plates for the egr as the pd130 egr pipe won't fit. Will mean the eml comes on but you can get it mapped out.

If you have a asz engine you'll need the large blanking plate. And you'll also need a new inlet manifold gasket as its not supplied.

Blanking plates

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/egr-blanking-plate-for-turbo-egr-port.html

Inlet gasket

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/1-9-2-0-8v-tdi-inlet-manifold-gasket.html

Thanks for all your help guys, just bought myself a 3dr 2005 astra 1.9cdti for £1000 while I decide what to do with my fabia, it's certainly not going so I may just spend a little bit of money to bring it back to a decent standard, which I knowbill never get back but hey