Extreme 19

hi . Oops kerbed my alloy at the week end (19inch extreme) being quoted £150 for repair (takes a week as sent to Newcastle ) for diamond cutting or £198 immediate replacement do you guys think this is a good deal,I'm looking to buy it new for the sake of waiting a week. But wanted a second opinion, the dealer wants to keep mine and for me to buy the new one with the old one off setting the cost ?

Dennis Hortons Skoda shop is currently showing Extreme @£207.50 inc vat, and that is with a 12% discount.(www.dennishorton.c.uk/skoda)

Does yours include vat @£198? Guess you could get at least £20,00plus at a scrap yard for the alloy by weight.

Edited by vrskeith

Snap!  :'(  I did mine at the weekend lol!  Mine is only 1 inch scratch and I was quoted £80.00 with it being away for 3 days due to the diamond cut.  The effort is disproportionate at this stage so my Chipsaway man is looking to do a touch up instead once he sees it.

16276053434_bf6a5e741d_b.jpgIMG_0671 by A16NSV, on Flickr

Edited by A16NS V

Thanks a16nsv yes that identical to mine,I'm being quoted the week,edinburgh sent to Newcastle ,I think being without the car for that time would be a hassle ,I suppose that's the price u pay for not paying attention, lesson learned, thanks for the reponse

• 5 months later...

Hi. You chaps that replaced your kerbed xtremes, were your original ones factory fit? I am going to order a spare as like to have a full size spare stored away and want to check the ones available from Dennis Horton are the same colour as they are described as grey rather than anthracite. Cheers!

I did mine today, probably 2-3mm deep scuff but quite large. I'm gutted but may well leave it for a while then have them all done.

Has anyone had one repaired, does it look like new?

That's a bummer. Matter of time - wife and xtremes = inevitable damage. Going to get a spare as experience has taught me it is useful having a full size spare. Just need to check that there is only one type of xtreme colour (other than the black on the 230)

That's a bummer. Matter of time - wife and xtremes = inevitable damage. Going to get a spare as experience has taught me it is useful having a full size spare. Just need to check that there is only one type of xtreme colour (other than the black on the 230)

You think you're worried, mine is a learner driver!!! And yes she's a named driver on mine.

If it aint that bad id just look to get it smart repaired for £70-80 quid.

A decent smart repairer will do an almost invisible job on a diamond cut wheel, particularly if its minor.

At that money quoted full repair v new wheel though might as well go new wheel. Sad thing is it will probably happen again.....or they'll start to corrode as thats a reasonable inevitability with diamond cut wheels.