retro fitting my pre fl vrs

Bought my 2007 vrs last year and want to give it some more goodies. It came with :

Auto wipers

18" wheels

Rear parking sensor's

Big box arm rest

Air con

Auto dimming rear view mirror

I've upgraded the stereo from the standard stereo to a bolero. After seeing what Eddie NL has done with his it has sparked off some ideas. I've just bought a cruise control stork. I would like to put the fl front bumper on any advice on how to do that would be greatly appreciated I'm also currently looking to buy a mk5 golf light switch with auto lights.

that car has the F/L bonnet and the bumper must've been modified to fit as the curve of the bumper under the headlights is different. It's definately not a straight swap

Edited by Mikek3111

that car has the F/L bonnet and the bumper must've been modified to fit as the curve of the bumper under the headlights is different. It's definately not a straight swap

The FL bonnet is exactly the same part as Pre-FL bonnet. Only difference between them is the grill and FL has a little plastic extension bit that secures the lower part of the grill to the bonnet.

When I asked about it on here I was told the wings headlamps bonnet and grill all had to be changed just to change the bumper.

That is if you want to make your Pre-FL to look like FL model. If you only want to change the Pre-FL bumper to FL you need the bumper, grilles (for the bumper and for the bonnet), DRL's, newer CECM, wiring and some smaller bits. That is true that it is not straight swap and you have to modify the corners of the bumper.

I want to fit auto lights can anyone give me a step by step guide to fitting I rang my local dealer and they said they don't know and would cost a fortune so it wouldn't be worth doing

I want to fit auto lights can anyone give me a step by step guide to fitting I rang my local dealer and they said they don't know and would cost a fortune so it

wouldn't be worth doing

There's a kit on ebay for a mk5/6 golf it's about £30 and has new switch, wiring, and a light sensor that has to be attached discretely to the windscreen.

I've seen one in an Audi TT and it looks OEM unless you go searching for the sensor.

• 4 weeks later...

That is if you want to make your Pre-FL to look like FL model. If you only want to change the Pre-FL bumper to FL you need the bumper, grilles (for the bumper and for the bonnet), DRL's, newer CECM, wiring and some smaller bits. That is true that it is not straight swap and you have to modify the corners of the bumper.

I've got the fl bumper and grilles by any chance have you any step by step photos of how you did modify your bumper

Yes you only need the light switch and i think its one wire needs modifiying in the back of the conector, as i had the same as you on my old 4x4 octy mk2 auto wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror but standard light switch make sure you get a skoda switch as vw have a different colour light inside them.

For auto lights you need a new switch.

Then check the wiring connector going to the switch. If all the pins are used up then you're good to go. If you have spare connectors then you need to run a wire from the switch to the CCM.

Then change some coding with VCDS and you're done.

Some info on the wiring here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/74556-light-assist-retrofit/page-2

Does your car not already have cruise control?

Phil

VW lightswitch is also a slightly different shape too, if memory serves.

As Phil said, you may need to fit a wire (takes 10 mins) and some coding.

The auto-dimming mirror has it's own, separate sensor too, from what I recall, on the forward-facing side of the assembly.

IIRC many people vRS owners have wanted to add auto-lights (as you'll also get coming home/leaving home lights and cornering lights as well) but have been stalled by the need to install a lot more than "switch, wire, coding and go".

If you're not planning any performance mods on your vRS, probably better getting an L&K and a remap, then you've have all the toys and vRS-level power. (So, heated leather, factory HIDS, MFSW, MaxiDot, memory seats, factory cruise, auto-lights etc), but that is very very much my own opinion.

Edited by RainbowFire
  • Like 1

At the moment I've changed the air filter for an uprated one I will eventually get a remap but for now it's about the creature comforts and putting my own mark on it. So it's sounds like to me then best to get the skoda switch to save on the hassle