Canton -A different perspective

My Amundsen very often forgets the last source played when I start my car.

I think I will ask for an update... :)

The problem really exist!

I've replicated the DAB issue today whilst listening to the F1 and driving over to Yorkshire. It kept dropping out, press the preset again and it comes straight back. Looks like a call to the dealer next week.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Garnett, thank you. No major sound issues on mine (i.e. I'm excluding the slowness of the navigator when getting addresses and the useless vocal commands).

But since it seems sound was improved with latest firmware releases, I was interested in squeeze all the performance out of it.

My unit (Amundsen and Canton) reports these version number:

Device ID (or similar, I see an Italian description): 5E0035864A
Hardware: 041
Software: 0435

Edited by Genoa1893

I thought the quality of the dab is much better than spotify over bluetooth . when I play spotify is an annoying background noise that I did not get by playing dab .

I use spotify all the time and it is flawless, but I am plugged into the USB for charging my iPhone so the Bluetooth is not used.

Used it on my last mk 2 with Bolero via Aux as Tunein was better quality than my AutoDAB!

Ungle - try it without your charger plugged in - it may be that.

I never charge my phone and I have tryed using the usb to play spotify but the noice is stil there. Spotify playlist is set to 320kp.

The sound is a low crackle noise.

That update site is the one we all use for maps and minor patches such as Bluetooth. The upgrade that we are talking about is the firmware. You can only get that done by Skoda.

I think you need to first try another phone and if still there, book it in with the dealer.

Good luck.

Garnett

• 2 weeks later...

I have now read on a Norwegian forums for electric car that the e Golf with Discovery Pro have the same issue. And that is the same headunit as Columbus. But nowbody have a answer for the noise.

I never charge my phone and I have tryed using the usb to play spotify but the noice is stil there. Spotify playlist is set to 320kp.

The sound is a low crackle noise.

I do get a bit of a crackle from some sound sources occasionally but haven't noted down which ones - probably Bluetooth iphone 6 as this is the one I use least now - mostly use HDD, SD or radio

It's running software 0370 at the mo but is in for first service tomorrow and told them I want firmware upgrade, so we'll see.

Whats the newest firmware available for the Columbus?

0390 is the latest I have seen to date.

Just got car back from service but didn't get update as they have to order the upto date SD card with it on - is going back next Thursday, so should find out then but this should be most upto date for Columbus. No quibbles over update being required, just said dab cuts out occasionally.

Odd, as they get a DVD that they need to copy the contents on to SD or USB.

Just the way the girl / lady she service desk said it, probably as you say - hopefully they might leave the SD card in there!

If it was done at Carrs in Exeter that is exactly what the did with mine. They have a weekly Skoda DVD. Probably the only way to stop them spending hours with every update on the DVD installing! They get autherisation from SUK and then copy to a USB Flash then onto the car. It helped mine but DAB is still disappointing. Coverage disappears at Junction 31 on the M5 running west until you are on the hill!

If it was done at Carrs in Exeter that is exactly what the did with mine. They have a weekly Skoda DVD. Probably the only way to stop them spending hours with every update on the DVD installing! They get autherisation from SUK and then copy to a USB Flash then onto the car. It helped mine but DAB is still disappointing. Coverage disappears at Junction 31 on the M5 running west until you are on the hill!

Murrays in Plymouth as that's near work and where car came from (carrs is where the scout is coming from though as we're on East dartmoor now, so them or murrays NA is our close to home dealers). My dab isn't too bad just cuts out around Ashburton on a38 and around home but ok considering the moors. Have played on it a bit though to get latest update to see if canton is improved.

0390 is the latest I have seen to date.

Just got car back from its trip into skoda today and it's been updated to latest firmware - which is on mine 0390 (Columbus / canton)

I do get a bit of a crackle from some sound sources occasionally but haven't noted down which ones - probably Bluetooth iphone 6 as this is the one I use least now - mostly use HDD, SD or radio

It's running software 0370 at the mo but is in for first service tomorrow and told them I want firmware upgrade, so we'll see.

Only ran the car for a few miles but subjectively it would appear the sound from Bluetooth source (iphobe6) was much better being fuller / deeper not necessarily louder bass just more bass throughout the music. Also haven't yet replicated any high end crackles - will try cd SD and hdd later but fingers crossed a good upgrade.

Will also see if dab signal better but round our way it can be patchy anyway being in Devon hills, so maybe not car issue.