Drivebelt dirt protector, error in ETKA

Bianca

Hi all, due to an error in ETKA we might miss out on a very useful item for our Skoda Citigos:

the VAG plastic drivebelt protector kit, incl. original fasteners. (I have informed VAG Sweden today, but it might take forever to fix the error..) So:

If You/Your dealer check the ETKA parts picture for say a 2015 Citigo (same error for all years), in the lower left corner we find no 20, a plastic shield and nos 21 and 22, the fastening details.

However if You look in the corresponding parts list to the right, its all screwed up, there You find part numbers for the alternative (sturdier version for the South African market, probably metal instead of plastic) Left/Right underbody protectors, which should actually have been linked to No 5 in the picture.

If You double-check with ETKA for a VW Up 2015 instead (category 8 -body, subcategory 825-00 heat shields) the errors are much less, here we find four part numbers linked to no 5 in the picture, which is correct (Left/Right in plastic for Europe, and two other Left/Right for Africa).

- Also in the VW version of ETKA we find the three useful part numbers, only error is that they do not link to the three numbers in the picture, they have only "-" marks... I test-ordered the parts today, will post the result. (Discovered the whole thing when by coincidence checking a showroom 2015 Citigo yesterday, which to my surprise had the item fitted!)

Part numbers:

1S0 825 250 Belt cover (Riemenschutz/Remskydd) one piece

N90 974 701 Inner torx screws 5 x 16 (Innensechsrund bleck schraube/ Innertorx-plåtskruv) 5 pcs

N10 327 102 Clip nut (Federmutter/Fjädermutter) one pice

This kit will at least, as with my earlier Golfs, protect the generator and belt region from road salt and debris quite well (cracy to sell a car without it..)

Brgds Rodge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

Txs for the link/s with Pictures!

-  Interesting to read the Up thread in german, some pre 2015-owners seems to manage getting this protective shield fitted on warranty after belt slipping tendencies in rain.

(By the way, the same ex-factory omission of belt-protector shield caused quite a lot of technical problems over here decades ago on Golfs; factory solved the problems by retrofitting these plastic type protectors. Now all this happens again with VAG cars, sigh..)

Rodge