MOT advisories

Car went through its MOT first time with just a few advisories

Rear Springs corroded (found these on ebay if they would fit)

OSF brake fluctuating, but not excessively - could that just need the bolts nipped up (never came across this before)

OSR wheel slightly damaged (may be an upgrade to alloys coming  :D )

Exhaust centre clamp broken (guessing that's just the U clamp that needs replaced)

the funny 2 are Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components & Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay never heard of that before as everything is standard Skoda and nothing changed - only thing that isn't there is he main tray that goes under the engine (some muppet in a garage failed to fasten it up properly and ended up dragging it along the road so took it off.

Smoke test pass limit 1.50 1/m

My car : 0.30 1/m

Zero Drift : 0.00 1/m

Mean Value : 0.30 1/m

I'm not sure about some of the first ones but the undertray one is very odd. Especially as most of it is actually missing! I've never heard that before. Did you take it to your regular place? What I would say though is the tray is worth replacing. There's plenty of decent quality aftermarket ones on ebay for about £35 and fixings are like £8 to insure you've got no torx screws and clips missing. They improve airflow under the car, help preserve mpg and protect some key areas from stuff getting thrown up.

Oh and you may find that as the 2 sides and centre come together to form the structure your side pieces may follow the destiny of the centre, and they're probably more vital in terms of splash protection.

Tray has been off for the last 6 years as it broke the side parts when it got dragged along the road so would need to replace the whole lot - fuel consumption might be down about 1-2mpg since it was ditched so not too bad

The undertray thing they probably put on everything as it covers them if something is obscured

Tray has been off for the last 6 years as it broke the side parts when it got dragged along the road so would need to replace the whole lot - fuel consumption might be down about 1-2mpg since it was ditched so not too bad

My Toledo one went a similar way, the centre piece got lost on a camping field and a side piece got lost on Severn bridge. I didn't like how everything was left so exposed. I was going to sort it but chopped it in for this VRS before I got round to it. It's less about the mpg and more about protection. It's no sump guard but it helps protect other areas.

The undertray thing they probably put on everything as it covers them if something is obscured

But most of it is missing? What would they be looking at that's obscured by the side pieces? As far as I'm aware on most vag cars of that era those side pieces are pretty much generic, owned a few and never had that advisory. It is bizarre. The diesel centre covers more than petrol, but that bits not even there on Mike's car.

My Toledo one went a similar way, the centre piece got lost on a camping field and a side piece got lost on Severn bridge. I didn't like how everything was left so exposed. I was going to sort it but chopped it in for this VRS before I got round to it. It's less about the mpg and more about protection. It's no sump guard but it helps protect other areas.

But most of it is missing? What would they be looking at that's obscured by the side pieces? As far as I'm aware on most vag cars of that era those side pieces are pretty much generic, owned a few and never had that advisory. It is bizarre. The diesel centre covers more than petrol, but that bits not even there on Mike's car.

I meant is already typed into the machine , therefore every test has it on , after all most of the time they need to type it so it saves work to have it saved

I meant is already typed into the machine , therefore every test has it on , after all most of the time they need to type it so it saves work to have it saved

I see, I've still not seen it before though.