my new skoda octavia scout 180 tsi 4x4 dsg

Its faster than a diesel vRS atleast :p

Its not actually...Less torque, slower to 100km/h...In fairness though the 4WD would probably get it off the line quicker

Its not actually...Less torque, slower to 100km/h...In fairness though the 4WD would probably get it off the line quicker

Well, according to the manual the Scout Tsi does 0 to 100kmh in 7,8 seconds.

The diesel vRS (Estate) does it in 8,2 (8,3 with Dsg).

The diesel vRS is actually the slowest version of the 135kw diesel....

Are these numbers wrong?

Edited by Gromle

Nice car!

The funny thing is that the TSI Scout is quiker than the VRS diesel. And in slippy winter condition it is definitively quicker!

In fact the TSI engine combined with 4x4 has more torque than the 2-wheel drive version. Another strange thing is that the Scout is slower than the normal estate version with the same TSI engine.

That's incorrect. As pointed out before even the Scout is quicker 0-100 km/h than the TDI vRS and the non Scout 4x4 model is a full second quicker (7,2s).

They also have the same amount of torque (380 Nm) but the 4x4 models offer it on a wider rev range than the FWD vRS TDI. (1750-3250 rpm vs 1750-3000 rpm)

Source

Edited by kallekilponen

Nice car!

In fact the TSI engine combined with 4x4 has more torque than the 2-wheel drive version. Another strange thing is that the Scout is slower than the normal estate version with the same TSI engine.

The 4x4 tsi also get full effect at 4500rpm, while the fwd doesnt get it untill 5100rpm.

The Scout beeing slower might be because aerodynamics and/or added weight?

The Scout is indeed quite heavy but the regular 4x4 variant is actually lighter than the DSG vRS.

I see that now, its quite heavy indeed.

Where does the VRS pick up all that weight?

I just saw another peculiar thing about your car. The upper part of the mirror housings are light (chrome?). Is it a Scout feature, or optional, or.....?

I think you guys arguing speed/weight/power/torque are giving wayyyy too much credibility to the accuracy of the stats in the brochures. Real world is likely to be very different.

I very much doubt the engine specs are different between models fitted with the same engines.

Obviously AWD will add weight, but with the benefit of better initial traction.

And does it really matter anyway. Who takes a Skoda to a drag strip?

Edited by AUSKOUT
  • Like 2

I very much doubt the engine specs are different between models fitted with the same engines.

I'm willing to bet they have different ECU mappings. Plus the traction control system is probably calibrated differently for the 4x4 versions, since losing grip while accelerating hard isn't as much of an issue compared to FWD.

And does it really matter anyway. Who takes a Skoda to a drag strip?

It doesnt really matter. I just find it amusing that the diesel vRS is slower than all versions of the 1.8 Tsi and the 135kw diesel. On paper at least.

A sheep in wolfs clothing :p

• Like 3

It doesnt really matter. I just find it amusing that the diesel vRS is slower than all versions of the 1.8 Tsi and the 135kw diesel. On paper at least.

amusing why?

You mean: a wolf dressed in a sheeps clothing....!