Custom turbo back exhaust for Fabia II RS estate (Oz build).

EDIT, sorry,

should have read 'were set at Low'.   & not as i typed 'were not set at low'

It should be at 'normal / meduim' from the factory, if it is a CAVE, but that is the point, you need to check if doing anything other than normal driving or 

if you find you are not liking what it does for what you are doing.

Setting to Low or Off CAVE or CTHE might save the Brake System Overheating, 

and when that happens the XDS Disables its self anyway.

Some Factory setting are not as they should be, 

no idea if that is down to the Factory or a Technician at PDI or setting up for a Customer,

& a Used Car could have any setting, Steering Assist, Brake Assist or XDS because someone maybe altered the settings to suit them,

and they were left and never put back to Factory Settling.

My tuner (Mullerhaus) had the vag com connected the other week to clear any faults when he did the oil change before the last event. So I guess I should have checked the settings then. However I still live by the motto that we had when I was on the railways... If it came in working it will go out working. The other popular saying also was...The right way, the wrong way and the railway....hahahaha.

Also I  almost forgot to mention I will be down at the Snowy Mountains 1000 at the end of November. I will be racing on a 1000m drag strip to see what me by time is.

Check out the

Edited by mmmRacer

For those who are interested here is a video review of last years Snowy Mountains 1000.

The Mini Cooper S in this video is the car that I will be up against in my class at this years event and The Honda Civic in the video is the car that won the first 4 rounds of the state hillclimb championship this year.

Edited by mmmRacer

• 2 months later...

Time for a update

2 weeks ago I finally ago to test my straight line performance over a 1000m runway sprint down at Cooma for the Snowy Mountains 1000. In the end my hopes for the day were a little optimistic I still managed to win my class (Modern Modified 2000cc to 2999cc) with a time of 26.178 seconds and a best top speed of 196.5 km/h over 4 runs. As you can see by the data from my OBDII/phone app the car was pretty fast over the first 400m but struggles for top end over the last 600m. To which I say bring on stage 3 for next year...hahaha.

gallery_110457_5_60042.jpg

gallery_110457_5_12491.jpg

gallery_110457_5_45663.jpg

gallery_110457_5_28611.jpg

The Fabia RS appears at the 20:55 minute mark and was broadcast on local TV.

P.S.

Also I may not have mentioned to some of you that this car also won its class in the state hillclimb championship in its first attempt. 

Edited by mmmRacer
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Let us put it this way. Those who laugh at the start of the day are usually converts by the end of the day.

Off to Bathurst again in a few weeks for the first rounds of the state hillclimb championship. Got a new camera so should hopefully will have some great race cam videos soon.

Next upgrade is to fit the Porsche Cayman brakes but that may still be a few months off yet.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

There are good Custom Exhaust builders in Scotland,  vRSGeo knows one that built his exhaust for a vRS Hatch.

If you are looking for anything for your Skoda 'Star Performance' can be useful.

http://starperformance.co.uk

Yeh I use Starperformance all the time lad may see if they can adapt the Hatch exhaust to fit ;)

I got mine from Meerkat exhausts, unbelievable workmanship. It's a thing of beauty

Any video's to here it ?

Newbie69 bought a custom exhaust for his hatch and what arrived was for an estate i seem to remember and he sold the End.

He can tell you the story which and from where he bought that.

If you are after noise you can remove the Resonator.

If you want Supercharger noise you get some more with the Insulation removed from the Supercharger.

Sorry to have used this thread, best post in the one you started on a Custom Exhaust.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Yeh I use Starperformance all the time lad may see if they can adapt the Hatch exhaust to fit ;)

Any video's to here it ?

It's a bit loud being 3" I think he does one 2.5" also. If u look him up on facebook Ull c his work.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few off the shelf exhausts to choose from but the quality of some of these are very poor. For the price of a Milltek exhaust (which would still need to be modified) you could get a high quality custom turbo back exhaust. As long as the exhaust shop has good name in the area you should be better off. Plus I think a 2.5" system is fine. Here is a example of what I got here in Sydney.

http://www.surefloexhaust.com.au/skoda/skodafabia/skodafabia.htm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to fitting the Porsche 996 calipers onto the Fabia last weekend.

gallery_110457_1586_4718.jpg

gallery_110457_1586_55468.jpg

As you can see it is a nice tight fit with the 330x28 rotors. However in the end due to luck or a perfect choice of wheels, no wheel spacer were needed to clear the brakes. First impressions are that the car is a little more laggy off supercharger boast at slow speed as the rotors are 2.4kg heavier each. This is made up mostly by the calipers being 2.1kg lighter each. In the future hopefully some custom 2 piece rotors can be made up to get the rotating mass weight back down to the same as before.

As for braking performance? Still bedding them in for the VW Nationals here in Oz this coming weekend so it will be interesting to see what lap times it will do compared to last year as the brakes are the only upgrade in the last 12 months.

P.S. The brake calipers were given to me in green and yellow so in the interests of keeping the costs down that is the colour that they stayed. I also think it gives the car a slight Benetton feel...lol.  

Edited by mmmRacer
  • Like 4

mmmRacer, how many miles/km you reckon you've done on track with the stage 2? And a second question do you know what over-boost you're hitting with the stage 2? Talking 4th gear, 2k rpm turbo sleeping and flooring it, any idea what boost you should see in such a scenario? I'm after some comparisons.

Edited by newbie69

The car has had the stage 2 tune now for about 15 months now. In that time it has do 2x track days, 10x hillclimb events, 1x motorkhana and 1x 1000m runway sprint. So lets say at least 100km on the track. As for the over-boost question I will get back to you on that one.

The car has had the stage 2 tune now for about 15 months now. In that time it has do 2x track days, 10x hillclimb events, 1x motorkhana and 1x 1000m runway sprint. So lets say at least 100km on the track. As for the over-boost question I will get back to you on that one.

I would imagine more than 100 from what you say. I've been twice at my local track which is a mere 2km long, did 3 sessions of about 10 laps each (60km/day), so at least 80 flat-out km.

Looking forward to your boost values. Do you have a boost gauge or log via VCDS?

Edited by newbie69

Most of the hillclimb courses are only 1km or less and you normally only get 4 to 6 runs for the day. The runway sprint was only 4 runs too so that is only 4km that day too. Of the 2 track days I left after 2 sessions from one to go to a hillclimb the next day 500km away and the other track day was only 1.8km x 29 laps. So could be a bit more km's but not over 150km.

Do you have a boost gauge or log via VCDS?

Got a OBD II Bluetooth adaptor with OBDLink and Torque apps on my phone. Mainly use the OBD II adaptor with Harry's Lap Timer.

Got a OBD II Bluetooth adaptor with OBDLink and Torque apps on my phone. Mainly use the OBD II adaptor with Harry's Lap Timer.

Oh, in that case it might not be of any use because obdII adaptors read 1.55 bar max (some PID limitation). Οn top of that I think they read absolute pressure too. Which means minus the 1 bar atmospheric it's only good for showing up to 0.55 bar of true turbo boost when a stage 2 is around 1.3-1.6 bar, even more with some maps.