Leaders Debate

gadgetman

1 - Someone whose family hasn't just arrived

2 - Someone who will act in the interests of country before their own interests

3 - Nice,

4 - That's why your opinion is such, you are hypnotised to their ways, naive is anyone who believes a bleedin word that comes out of an MP's mouth

Sorry about the language it's just I'm not fortunate enough to have lived a silver spoon life and face the realities in life the likes of you never see.

1/ Not what you said in the original post

2/ And how are you going to measure that "interest"? And whose interest are you taking into account? A pensioners or a student, an unemployed person or a company director? Your idea is much too simplistic.

3/ Cut out the soundbites, it really isn't difficult.

4/ Who mentioned an MP? I said I was involved in a political family. Your naivety and bias is catching you out. Read things a bit more carefully.

Being from a good working class South Walian family I wouldn't know what a silver spoon was, and if that is the level of your arguments and personal insults I'm not surprised that people on here are treating you in the way they are.

• Like 2

@ Trundle, British as in having had family here for longer than 70 years. and as PM, I've no problem with the other jobs as long as the best man got the job

And now I'm going to have to leave it there as I've just promised someone I'd avoid these sort of topics in future, and I intend to keep that promise as he's got a bit of respect and class about him.

So a South African First World War soldier's family are disenfranchised then?

You really do not have a clue!

I suggest you do some research into the political system and it's history before you carry on.

Scotland, Wales and NI are part of the union so no problem, the born Brit whose lived in Aus all their life no way, how can anyone whose not lived here decide what to do,

Shall we have a Bangladeshi King next, keep it fair eh.

Wales is not part of the Union!

Do some research.

EDIT,

You post at #146 is anti-semetic. I'd be careful about saying things like that or Mossad might get you.  :D

And you comments in post #149 really do show that you do not have a clue about British politics, and it was you that introduced a race issue.

I can tell you only came for a ruck mate, I don't think theres any real point continuing with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

Still shows Wales as part of the UK mate, and the UK is the union of the countries as far as I know

I didn't introduce race to the party I mentioned it because it was all beginning to develop that way

And even though you've made it look like a joke you've mentioned anti sementics as well, please tell me who actually has the race issue in mind after all?

I've edited it as I don't want to spend another month explaining what I really meant rather than what one chooses to see.

Edited by Supurbia
  • Like 1

I can tell you only came for a ruck mate, I don't think theres any real point continuing with you.

Still shows Wales as part of the UK mate, and the UK is the union of the countries as far as I know

I didn't introduce race to the party I mentioned it because it was all beginning to develop that way

And even though you've made it look like a joke you've mentioned anti sementics as well, please tell me who actually has the race issue in mind after all?

I've edited it as I don't want to spend another month explaining what I really meant rather than what one chooses to see.

Wikipedia? Earlier you said it was useless and wrong?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I recall someone else with a dislike of Poland and those of Jewish descent, who hankered for a true/master race.....

Anyhow, back in subject, Farage has actually read this elections manifesto (unlike previous ones including last year's EU elections) and the CBI have apparently costed everything as well.

Oh dear.

If you don't like robust discussions don't start contentious ones, and if you do want to continue them make sure you get your facts straight first.

It was you who first specifically stated the Union, which has specific meaning in certain parts of the UK, so I suggest you do some research into "The Act of Union 1707" before continuing. If you meant that the "Principality of Wales" is part of the UK you should have said that. 

Interesting that you "rubbished" Wikipedia earlier but now use it to show how you were incorrect. There are far better and more accurate sources of information out there

Gadgetman, careful, that is getting close to the "Godwin Law"!!

Interesting that the UKIP manifesto has lots of promises about all the extra money they are going to spend but is very light on the details of how they are going to raise those funds. Still, the Ashcroft Poll shows they are loosing support daily.

• Like 1

Unfortunately up here in Scotland we can't afford to vote for the party we want as it is basically vote for the party candidate in your constituency who is likely to beat the Yes vote (SNP)......unless of course you are a Yes supporter!!

..........so basically a re-run of the referendum!.............. 

• Like 1

Wikipedia? Earlier you said it was useless and wrong?

No I didn't, I said it was contributed to by anyone and everyone so not always 100% accurate, in this example it is 100% accurate though

I recall someone else with a dislike of Poland and those of Jewish descent, who hankered for a true/master race.....

Anyhow, back in subject, Farage has actually read this elections manifesto (unlike previous ones including last year's EU elections) and the CBI have apparently costed everything as well.

Nope again, I hold the Polish in great fondness if the truth is known, I have some Jewish in me but do not find the Jewish mentra to be one of honest sharing ideals, but thanks for the twisted reply again.

Oh dear.

If you don't like robust discussions don't start contentious ones, and if you do want to continue them make sure you get your facts straight first.

It was you who first specifically stated the Union, which has specific meaning in certain parts of the UK, so I suggest you do some research into "The Act of Union 1707" before continuing. If you meant that the "Principality of Wales" is part of the UK you should have said that. 

Interesting that you "rubbished" Wikipedia earlier but now use it to show how you were incorrect. There are far better and more accurate sources of information out there

Gadgetman, careful, that is getting close to the "Godwin Law"!!

Interesting that the UKIP manifesto has lots of promises about all the extra money they are going to spend but is very light on the details of how they are going to raise those funds. Still, the Ashcroft Poll shows they are loosing support daily.

Like I said earlier I have no real desire to carry on with you as I can see what you are by your work history and I could lay a bible of true fact infront of you and you'll still deny and say I'm wrong, anyway how can I take you seriously you just posted earlier that Wales is Independant and even if it was/is semi indy you knew what I meant originally anyway nitpicker,

Gadgetman, you seek to make me out a hater Nazi supporter when I'm about as far at the other end of that as can possibly be in reality, and all because my opinion is that someone whose family has not been a UK citizen for very long should not be at the top of the UK political chain, that is my opinion and I'm entitled to say so, I do not say anything hateful about the man in question but you lay the route one smear on me just the same way as every little green party left winger would do on any forum,

I've been messaged and asked not to continue in this sort of thread btw, I being me really appreciated the message from the person who sent it, I intend to do my best in future to abide with that request out of respect for those who obviously still value me being here, so knock yourself out but I've sort of learned the hard way not to enter into anything with anyone who doesn't want to do anything other than provoke which in this case two of you are simply looking to provoke me, I may still reply to Trunds as his replies do not have that sort of way about them, if your arguement requires the race card, smear card or simply deny card to appear to win then it's not somewhere I need to be.

Edited by Damo
Insults removed

No I didn't, I said it was contributed to by anyone and everyone so not always 100% accurate, in this example it is 100% accurate though

Nope again, I hold the Polish in great fondness if the truth is known, I have some Jewish in me but do not find the Jewish mentra to be one of honest sharing ideals, but thanks for the twisted reply again.

Like I said earlier I have no real desire to carry on with you as I can see what you are by your work history and I could lay a bible of true fact infront of you and you'll still deny and say I'm wrong, anyway how can I take you seriously you just posted earlier that Wales is Independant and even if it was/is semi indy you knew what I meant originally anyway nitpicker,

Gadgetman, you seek to make me out a hater Nazi supporter when I'm about as far at the other end of that as can possibly be in reality, and all because my opinion is that someone whose family has not been a UK citizen for very long should not be at the top of the UK political chain, that is my opinion and I'm entitled to say so, I do not say anything hateful about the man in question but you lay the route one smear on me just the same way as every little green party left winger would do on any forum,

I've been messaged and asked not to continue in this sort of thread btw, I being me really appreciated the message from the person who sent it, I intend to do my best in future to abide with that request out of respect for those who obviously still value me being here, so knock yourself out but I've sort of learned the hard way not to enter into anything with anyone who doesn't want to do anything other than provoke which in this case two of you are simply looking to provoke me, I may still reply to Trunds as his replies do not have that sort of way about them, if your arguement requires the race card, smear card or simply deny card to appear to win then it's not somewhere I need to be

Your previous post regarding Wikipedia seems to have strangely disappeared.

• Like 1

How can you be so absolutley certain about this being correct, but then insist that when other people post links to Wikipedia that they are possibly or even probably wrong?

Could it be that one agrees with the point you are trying to make and the other contradicts it?

How can you be so absolutley certain about this being correct, but then insist that when other people post links to Wikipedia that they are possibly or even probably wrong?

Could it be that one agrees with the point you are trying to make and the other contradicts it?

No, nobody is correct all the time mate, I only posted it to say it's not always 100% fact on there, not to say that it isn't a good reference.

Na it's still up,

WTF is going on? is the thread it's in.

Ah yes, found it now.

You are aware that wikipedia isn't based on fact, anyone can add to wikipedia regardless of being right or wrong,

If it is not based on fact it therefore has to be useless.

If it is not based on fact it therefore has to be useless.

Not really, if 85% of the contributors are correct and say 15% wrong it's still a good source of info, all I'm saying is it shouldn't be assumed to be 100% correct all the time.

Not really, if 85% of the contributors are correct and say 15% wrong it's still a good source of info, all I'm saying is it shouldn't be assumed to be 100% correct all the time.

But that's not what you said.

So you know my work history!

Wow!!

Do please tell us where I have worked since I started work in 1974? I doubt even my friends on here know that, but if you would like to list them I am quite willing to confirm or otherwise. I certainly haven't hidden my current employment as a Network Rail signalman.

Where did I state Wales was independent? I said Wales is a Principality within the UK, which is the correct political description. It is semi-independent, like Scotland and Northern Ireland, which is why the Welsh Assembly exists. No nit-picking, just political accuracy.

This is a discussion forum, and as long as people remain within the Forum rules then that discussion can be as robust as we want, and I will be be politely robust against people who cannot do their research and post incorrect and inaccurate "facts", as you have done on several occasions.

Not originally but I didn't think I needed to spell it out, I assumed people would know what I meant.

Hiya Superbia - Don;t take this the wrong way but that is probably part of the issue here - we're not mind readers so we can only go on what you type, not what you think you have typed, or what you might have thought you meant.

Read back some of the posts with a literal interpretation based on JUST what is written and you'll maybe see what  can see why people are picking you up - it's because you haven't 'spelled it out'.

Just trying to help of course...

• Like 3

So you know my work history!

Wow!!

Do please tell us where I have worked since I started work in 1974? I doubt even my friends on here know that, but if you would like to list them I am quite willing to confirm or otherwise. I certainly haven't hidden my current employment as a Network Rail signalman.

Where did I state Wales was independent? I said Wales is a Principality within the UK, which is the correct political description. It is semi-independent, like Scotland and Northern Ireland, which is why the Welsh Assembly exists. No nit-picking, just political accuracy.

This is a discussion forum, and as long as people remain within the Forum rules then that discussion can be as robust as we want, and I will be be politely robust against people who cannot do their research and post incorrect and inaccurate "facts", as you have done on several occasions.

You said you spent a lot of your career working for a political family?

When someone is around something for too long they begin to think like them as well, that's what the saying "well you've changed your tune" was invented for,

Wales is part of the UK, GB or whatever else you want to call this land mass we share, like I said nitpicking,

My issue with you is you arrived, handed me multiple put down replies and if you were a whole career pit miner I could actually take you seriously, but you have tried to lay the race game at my door, generally tried to appear to know more and delivered that modern day parrot reply of smear and put down anyone willing to stand up for the rights of the UK to remain in the hands of the UK gets, I call it conditioned, you don't realise you are doing it but you infact base your thoughts on those bombed at you through media,

I seriously doubt you've the first clue about real life from your signal box, and I doubt you have any idea of the sort of underground power struggle things that are going on right now, seems to me you've always been ok for a job, probably bought your own house when it was affordable to do so and don't have to worry about money which is all a recipie for satisfied and not looking too hard as things will always appear to be ok in your world, outside of that is another world that you simply don't see, I don't begrudge you if you have done ok, if you've worked and paid your way all well and good but someone of today (not me) has no chance unless they snag a cream job.

Here, I'll go on record,

My opinion is that top MP's and a PM should come from well established UK born stock, that opinion is not based on disliking anyone for who they are or where they originate from, is that easy enough to grasp now?

Hiya Superbia - Don;t take this the wrong way but that is probably part of the issue here - we're not mind readers so we can only go on what you type, not what you think you have typed, or what you might have thought you meant.

Read back some of the posts with a literal interpretation based on JUST what is written and you'll maybe see what  can see why people are picking you up - it's because you haven't 'spelled it out'.

Just trying to help of course...

A very good point and thank you for highlighting it.