Leaders Debate

gadgetman

My opinion is that top MP's and a PM should come from well established UK born stock, that opinion is not based on disliking anyone for who they are or where they originate from.

What is it based on then?

Deciding that someone should be ineligible for a job because of their racial background is illegal, and quite rightly so.

Deciding that someone should be ineligible for a job because of their racial background is illegal, and quite rightly so.

In a run of the mill job I agree but not a job where you decide the direction of a country.

There are plenty of exclusions to the Race Relations act so sometimes you can discriminate , totally legally

You said you spent a lot of your career working for a political family?

NO I DIDN'T. MY EXACT WORDS WERE "" I said I was involved in a political family."" THAT FAMILY HAPPENED TO BE MY OWN, AS MY FATHER WAS THE POLITICAL AGENT FOR AN MP AND MY MOTHER WORKED FOR A POLITICAL PARTY. PERHAPS THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF YOU READING WHAT YOU THINK, OR WANT TO SEE, AND NOT WHAT IS ACTUALLY WRITTEN.

When someone is around something for too long they begin to think like them as well, that's what the saying "well you've changed your tune" was invented for,

SO NOW I CAN'T THINK FOR MYSELF. FOR YOUR INFORMATION I DON'T ACTIVELY SUPPORT THE PARTY MY PARENTS WORKED FOR, BUT ANOTHER ONE.

Wales is part of the UK, GB or whatever else you want to call this land mass we share, like I said nitpicking,

INDEED WALES IS PART OF THE UK, BUT LIKE SCOTLAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND IT ALSO HAS AN ELEMENT OF SELF GOVERNANCE, SO I WAS NOT NITPICKING, BUT CORRECTING YOU. AS SAID, DO SOME RESEARCH.

My issue with you is you arrived, handed me multiple put down replies and if you were a whole career pit miner I could actually take you seriously, but you have tried to lay the race game at my door, generally tried to appear to know more and delivered that modern day parrot reply of smear and put down anyone willing to stand up for the rights of the UK to remain in the hands of the UK gets, I call it conditioned, you don't realise you are doing it but you infact base your thoughts on those bombed at you through media,

NO. I DISAGREE WITH YOU AND CAN SUPPORT MY REASONS AND DISAGREE WITH YOU USING RATIONAL THOUGHT, CONSTRUCTED ARGUMENTS AND COMMONLY KNOWN FACTS, WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTING COMMENTS OR PERSONAL REMARKS.

I seriously doubt you've the first clue about real life from your signal box, and I doubt you have any idea of the sort of underground power struggle things that are going on right now, seems to me you've always been ok for a job, probably bought your own house when it was affordable to do so and don't have to worry about money which is all a recipie for satisfied and not looking too hard as things will always appear to be ok in your world, outside of that is another world that you simply don't see, I don't begrudge you if you have done ok, if you've worked and paid your way all well and good but someone of today (not me) has no chance unless they snag a cream job.

OH DEAR!!

AS I SAID ABOVE, AND PREVIOUSLY, REMOVE THE INSULTING LANGUAGE AND YOUR ARGUMENTS MIGHT BECOME MORE REASONABLE AND BE CONSIDERED BY MORE PEOPLE.

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME, OR WHERE I COME FROM OR WHAT I HAVE DONE ALL MY LIFE AND YET YOU ARE WILLING TO MAKE SOME VERY PRESUMPTUOUS COMMENTS, AS ABOVE. COMMENTS LIKE THAT DO YOU NO FAVOURS!

Here, I'll go on record,

My opinion is that top MP's and a PM should come from well established UK born stock, that opinion is not based on disliking anyone for who they are or where they originate from, is that easy enough to grasp now?

FINE. THAT IS YOUR OPINION, WHICH YOU ARE QUITE ENTITLED TO, BUT WE DO NOT ALL HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, AND CAN THEREFORE DISCUSS IT.

YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED BY SEVERAL OF US TO EXPLAIN HOW THIS WOULD WORK AND EXACTLY WHO THIS GROUP WOULD COME FROM, BUT YOU HAVE FAILED, TOTALLY, TO ONCE PROVIDE A SENSIBLE OR REASONED EXPLANATION.

You said you spent a lot of your career working for a political family?

NO I DIDN'T. MY EXACT WORDS WERE "" I said I was involved in a political family."" THAT FAMILY HAPPENED TO BE MY OWN, AS MY FATHER WAS THE POLITICAL AGENT FOR AN MP AND MY MOTHER WORKED FOR A POLITICAL PARTY. PERHAPS THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF YOU READING WHAT YOU THINK, OR WANT TO SEE, AND NOT WHAT IS ACTUALLY WRITTEN.

When someone is around something for too long they begin to think like them as well, that's what the saying "well you've changed your tune" was invented for,

SO NOW I CAN'T THINK FOR MYSELF. FOR YOUR INFORMATION I DON'T ACTIVELY SUPPORT THE PARTY MY PARENTS WORKED FOR, BUT ANOTHER ONE.

Wales is part of the UK, GB or whatever else you want to call this land mass we share, like I said nitpicking,

INDEED WALES IS PART OF THE UK, BUT LIKE SCOTLAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND IT ALSO HAS AN ELEMENT OF SELF GOVERNANCE, SO I WAS NOT NITPICKING, BUT CORRECTING YOU. AS SAID, DO SOME RESEARCH.

My issue with you is you arrived, handed me multiple put down replies and if you were a whole career pit miner I could actually take you seriously, but you have tried to lay the race game at my door, generally tried to appear to know more and delivered that modern day parrot reply of smear and put down anyone willing to stand up for the rights of the UK to remain in the hands of the UK gets, I call it conditioned, you don't realise you are doing it but you infact base your thoughts on those bombed at you through media,

NO. I DISAGREE WITH YOU AND CAN SUPPORT MY REASONS AND DISAGREE WITH YOU USING RATIONAL THOUGHT, CONSTRUCTED ARGUMENTS AND COMMONLY KNOWN FACTS, WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTING COMMENTS OR PERSONAL REMARKS.

I seriously doubt you've the first clue about real life from your signal box, and I doubt you have any idea of the sort of underground power struggle things that are going on right now, seems to me you've always been ok for a job, probably bought your own house when it was affordable to do so and don't have to worry about money which is all a recipie for satisfied and not looking too hard as things will always appear to be ok in your world, outside of that is another world that you simply don't see, I don't begrudge you if you have done ok, if you've worked and paid your way all well and good but someone of today (not me) has no chance unless they snag a cream job.

OH DEAR!!

AS I SAID ABOVE, AND PREVIOUSLY, REMOVE THE INSULTING LANGUAGE AND YOUR ARGUMENTS MIGHT BECOME MORE REASONABLE AND BE CONSIDERED BY MORE PEOPLE.

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME, OR WHERE I COME FROM OR WHAT I HAVE DONE ALL MY LIFE AND YET YOU ARE WILLING TO MAKE SOME VERY PRESUMPTUOUS COMMENTS, AS ABOVE. COMMENTS LIKE THAT DO YOU NO FAVOURS!

Here, I'll go on record,

My opinion is that top MP's and a PM should come from well established UK born stock, that opinion is not based on disliking anyone for who they are or where they originate from, is that easy enough to grasp now?

FINE. THAT IS YOUR OPINION, WHICH YOU ARE QUITE ENTITLED TO, BUT WE DO NOT ALL HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, AND CAN THEREFORE DISCUSS IT.

YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED BY SEVERAL OF US TO EXPLAIN HOW THIS WOULD WORK AND EXACTLY WHO THIS GROUP WOULD COME FROM, BUT YOU HAVE FAILED, TOTALLY, TO ONCE PROVIDE A SENSIBLE OR REASONED EXPLANATION.

Ahhhhhh smell the blood boiling reply,

Capitals as well :clap:

How does it feel to have your own game played back on you,

BTW, political gofer, assistant, etc etc etc, all the same dumb mindset of "we know best" we'll I'm afraid you don't as the whole system is corrupted.

I smelt you when you arrived and you have shown me that you are all I thought you were, a boy scout in long trousers.

Ahhhhhh smell the blood boiling reply,

Capitals as well :clap:

How does it feel to have your own game played back on you,

BTW, political gofer, assistant, etc etc etc, all the same dumb mindset of "we know best" we'll I'm afraid you don't as the whole system is corrupted

I smelt you when you arrived and you have shown me that you are all I thought you were, a boy scout in long trousers.

The reply was in capitals as that was the easiest way to show my words below each of your points, and to differentiate them from yours; nothing more than that. No "blood boiling" at all. I gave that up 40 years ago when I was politically active and militant.

It seems that Damo's earlier contribution has been largely unheeded and this thread has now gone widely off topic - just like quite a few others from recent days. Personal insults and 'he said'/'she said' posts are starting to upset the wider community so if there's ANY MORE mindless bickering within this thread (or elsewhere) then the stick will be set in motion. That means any previous (off topic) posts which you feel the overpowering need to reply to - don't bother!

So - on topic only and let this be the last time that people need telling about how grown ups should act.

• Like 3

There's another debate tonight, but without the dynamic duo.

I would say Laurel and Hardy but I have far too much respect for Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy who were successful at what they wanted to do.

Should be interesting.  Good theatre. Not so much for policies but interaction skills,  Shame Dave "the Bentley salesman" and Nick "trust me and I will do the opposite" are not there.

I think the polls following the debate will reflect their absence.  Who ever advised them will be looking for a new job on 8th of May IMO

Nick who?

• Like 1

Not being flippant, but I think these two might be the only ones who can save the country

Batman-and-Robin.jpg

What more foreigners.  :peek:  :x  :whew:  

• Like 1

Nick said yesterday that he could provide a heart for the Tories or a brain for Labour, or vice versa

I switched off when he came out with an analagy to The Wizard of Oz