A long list of faults with the WRC

C.T

Hi All,

As some may remember I bought No. 51/100 WRC VRS which had sat in the dealers showroom for nearly four years.

When I picked the car up I noticed some small things that weren't right but since then the list has grown considerably.

I've now done 4K Kms and am taking the car in to the dealer today for its free 5000Km oil change and a long list of faults. Here they are:

Arm Rest Rattles

Gearlever Lacquer coming off

Drivers seat starting to fray?

Rear Window Isolator doesn

Things like gear lever peeling and seat fraying are consistant with a car sat in a showroom for an extended period. Lots of people getting in and out. Same as the seat height adjuster, bet that been worked more that a car thats done 60,000 miles.

Also did you know cars that are kept in stock at a dealer must have a brake fluid change every 6 months. (even if it does no mileage).

They said they changed the fluids before the car was delivered but I doubt they even chaged the oil.

Brake fluid is not such an issue here because there is very little rain about... thus little moisture in the air

Rattle/Vibration when pulling away

Dents/ Scratches/ Dull Paint/ Marks in paint (Too many to list)

Fit Wheel Bolt covers

Remove marks on headlights

Wind Noise (from front screen?)

Leaking rear hatch

Rear Bumper/Filler cap are a different colour to the rest of the car.

Car covered in overspray or something similar. !!!!!!!!!

Repair bent sills (from someones misguided lifting)

I have also had the wheels painted dark grey because there was something wrong with the white paint they were painted with' date=' it was impossible to clean and it was coming off.

.[/quote']

I hate to float this idea but has it been in an accident, The dull paint, marked paint, overspray, poor colour match all point to this. It might even be before the dealer got it. A friends body shop was looking at a Contract with a Japanese manufacturer to repair cars that are damaged between Japan & prior to delivery to the UK dealer.

If you have this suspision before you ask the dealer take it to a reputable body shop, probably not close to the dealer (the industry talks & it might be the guy who fixed it) & ask them to spend an hour on it, they will quickly be able to tell & if it was & take a stab at the areas repaired. If it turns out to be something major pay them to jig check it as well. Then its time to remove the dealers private parts

The car has definately not been badly bent, if at all. The damage is a result of the dealer removing the body graphics in an attempt to make the care more saleable.... but it didn't work

• 4 weeks later...

Finally after nearly a month in the garage I'm going to get my car back today.

Thought some may be interested to know what was done.

This was the list:

Arm Rest Rattles (New one fitted)

Gearlever Lacquer coming off (New one fitted)

Drivers seat starting to fray? ( Not worth bothering with yet)

Hi All,

As some may remember I bought No. 51/100 WRC VRS which had sat in the dealers showroom for nearly four years.

When I picked the car up I noticed some small things that weren't right but since then the list has grown considerably.

I've now done 4K Kms and am taking the car in to the dealer today for its free 5000Km oil change and a long list of faults. Here they are:

Arm Rest Rattles

Gearlever Lacquer coming off

Drivers seat starting to fray?

Yes I'm in Dubai.

The sad thing is that the car has to go back in again soon. When they fitted the new tyres the man doing it obviously was blind and had only one arm because he scratched the freshly painted wheels really badly. And forgot to balance them.

But had a fun weekend tearing around a new road I found in the mountains :) Saw 220Kph at one point... (and yes, I had the wheels balanced first)

Out of interest; is the rs supposed to have a full engine undertray. Mine doesn't have one but look like it should. Dealers says otherwise. Can anyone back me up?