Suzuki Vitara (New model) and S Cross Thread

1 hour ago, Skoffski said:

@Ryeman

Which engine is that in Australia, and is that an auto?

It’s got the lot  - 

1.4 boosterjet, 6 spd auto, sunroof, two tone paint, full safety suite etc

• Thanks 1

I don’t think we impose any import duties these days and the list price is the sale price..........the fat is down to servicing margins.

eg 6month/10,000kms !  A joke!

4 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Anything manufactured to our north  - Thailand, Korea and Japan tends to be cheaper in our showroom than in Britain’s.

Isn't about 99% of the car manufacturing world North of you :D 

During the night on the World Service i heard someone getting tore into the Australian Government on the Coal mining and lack of support on emission reduction, 

and backing for EV's etc.

?

How is it in Australia with Vehicle emissions and taxation for business or private use, C02 g/km type thing, 

and is WLTP implemented, or has the World Wide part been ignored?

Edited by Skoffski

8 hours ago, Skoffski said:

During the night on the World Service i heard someone getting tore into the Australian Government on the Coal mining and lack of support on emission reduction, 

and backing for EV's etc.

?

How is it in Australia with Vehicle emissions and taxation for business or private use, C02 g/km type thing, 

and is WLTP implemented, or has the World Wide part been ignored?

We take what we’re given when it comes to new car choice, so I expect emissions standards have actually improved now that we don’t manufacture any more.

Our ultra-(anti science) Conservatives are led by the nose and being directed by Rupert via Sky News and his 70% ownership of Australia’s news papers.

We are living in truly depressing backward times.

• Like 1

Aww, why did Suzuki go and spoil their nice looking car with this face-lifted monstrosity! 

As an aside, Jeep sold a shed load of their vehicles to the California Highway Patrol at a knockdown price. They were.... 

Jeep as CHiP's. 

6 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

Aww, why did Suzuki go and spoil their nice looking car with this face-lifted monstrosity! 

Subaru doesn’t employ stylists either and Mazda is all about style.  I’m more into what’s in the box - content with fuel efficiency and, for us, ground clearance being important rather than AWD.

The Jeep Renegade Trailhawk is the real McCoy and used ones are about for under £17,000 in the UK. (65 plate under £14,000)

Proper cars that can go offroad or on trips over rough ground while towing or just towing on road and across a grassy field and far superior to a new Suzuki Jimny that will cost that much or more.

Edited by Skoffski

• 3 weeks later...

Well we finally have our ‘golden oldie’.

It steers very well, has a brilliant auto and the display says 21.1km/litre - almost 60mpg.

It feels positively old fashioned in that it’s lightness makes it very peppy; in fact I’d prefer the accelerator wasn’t quite so abrupt - forget turbo lag.

Under the bonnet there is old fashioned space around the engine and a fully exposed battery........how quaint.

It’ll certainly do what we want.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Ah ha. Google says 47 to the gallon (that's proper British gallons, not the American ones :D ) 

Nah Amanda.

4.545x20=91=56

Edited by Ryeman

12 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Nah Amanda.

4.545x20=91=56

Thats what you get for trusting Google. Probably got the USA gallons after all  :dull::o:crying::@

Btw that's superb mpg. I struggle to beat that in my diesel. 

Edited by Lady Elanore

8 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Thats what you get for trusting Google. Probably got the USA gallons after all  :dull::o:crying::@

You are never in any doubt that google is American 

Btw that's superb mpg. I struggle to beat that in my diesel. 

No traffic, no brakes, 80-90 indicated and mainly motorway, but barely broken in so far.......and on our cheapest fuel - E10.