Rain closure -

I can see there are previous threads on this but can't see any recent.

My mk3 octy is August 13, last night it rained heavily and I had forgot to close my sunroof and drivers window.

I had a mk2 and it closed the windows automatically,

I've looked through the car settings in my radio but can't see anything to set rain closure,

I see from the previous threads that it wasn't able to be activated via plugging in to various systems about 6 months to a year ago.

Anyone know what's the situation now.

I think it is code-able via vcds but with some possible issues... See the vcds thread, post 5 by Andy...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

I'm sure it's available or standard in some markets but not UK for some reason - maybe skoda think because it doesn't get hot enough, as we certainly can't say we dont get the rain !

I did recode mine using VCDS but never got it to work properly, even after following AndyVee's suggestions - so it's disabled now. Shame because as you say it worked well on the MK2s.

I gather it can be made to work on earlier O3 models, I think Andyvee had to use VCP to get it working (dont quote me on that) but am sure he did get it working on his early MY13 Elegance.

I believe the RLHS (Rain, Light and Humidity) sensor unit was changed from MY15 model year to one that is aparently a little more accurate for rain sensing but doesnt seem to support rain closure at all.

I do think its all rather a shame though that if these additional functions are there and just require an additional coding entry that they dont just come configured from the factory already....a bit like why cars with fog lights dont automatically get conering function....why cars with lane assist dont also get HBA and why cars from say SE/Elegance and above dont get a dipping passenger mirror....lots of little things that they could well do and choose not to....in some cases I knows its because they can get away with charging for it but its pretty bad IMHO.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 2

I have had several goes with VCDS & followed various "brain" instructions (andyvee on here & dv52 on MK7) & it still doesn't work for me...............

It appears to be VERY hit & miss as to being able to make it work & I am very good with VCDS.............