Bluetooth Modules

I have the 3C8 035 730 C Module fitted in my car and my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone connects in rsap

Profile only and works almost flawlessly,I have been told in previous posts on this forum that I would need to upgrade my module to the "D" version to enable me to connect in the HFP mode and to enable audio streaming. Reading previous posts on here there are a few posts saying that the "C"does in fact support HFP mode,could anyone enlighten me further on this before I look at purchasing the newer module...maybe I have my current module not set up properly?....help/advice needed please...thank you.

As you have a 3C8035730C module I assume you have maxidot, if so there should be an option within the phone settings to choose premium or hands free. I can't remember the exact menu options but it should be there.

However, if you choose this you will use the phone antenna rather than the cars and no longer get sms read out.

Edit:

An online manual suggests:

Settings -> Phone Settings -> Phone Mode -> Hands-free

Edited by langers2k

Yes I do have Maxidot but when I go into settings the Phone Mode doesn't appear suggesting that I don't have an option it's rsap or nothing..my main objective is to be able to get audio streaming so that I can use my phone as a satnav..

You need a newer bluetooth module. It's not the phone or sim card at fault. Best module would be a 5N0 035 730 D or a 3C8 035 730 D which will give you wifi also

Sent from my Galaxy S5

That is what I was lead to believe initially but after reading some posts on the forum some state that the "C"does support it so do ross-tec in there link above but there's no way I'm able to so somebody must have there facts wrong or I'm doing something wrong...

If it is a C module it is definitely not working properly and the difference between a C and a D is marginal, the D allowing a wifi connection over a C but nothing else.  Both should do A2DP streaming and both should offer HFP as well as RSAP.  All the traits you describe appear to suggest it is the older suffix-less module which doesn't do streaming, or anything other than RSAP.

Report back after checking the part number and we will go from there.

I don't know if it has any bearing on the problem but the bt audio is permanently greyed out on the bolero hu and can't find anyway of activating it

Mine is greyed out until I start playing music on my phone and then I can select it.

BIG APOLOGIES to everyone I don't know where I got that module number from mine is in fact 5NO 035 730C which correctly as stated is the basic rsap only module.I must be getting senile as I've being using the wrong number in other posts on here,can only apologise again for wasting your precious time,will be extra carefully in future.....thank you

Excellent, at least that cleared things up :)

As J306TD mentioned earlier you can change the module to get HFP and A2DP.

5N0 035 730 D or a 3C8 035 730 C should give HFP and A2DP

If you still want to use RSAP (car antenna for better reception) there is also the 3C8 035 730 D and 3C8 035 730 E. These are capable of creating a WiFi hotspot for your phone to connect to while connected using RSAP.

That definitely clears it up. Just for the record 3c8 without a suffix and 5n0 a/b/c are basically equivalents and do RSAP only without streaming. They work in pre facelift and facelift maxidots which is needed for pairing.

3c8 with a/b/c and 5n0 d are also basically equivalent. They do both RSAP, HFP and streaming and show in facelift maxidots (which is needed for pairing). 3c8 d and now e add the wifi dimension (but still need maxidot for pairing).

Adam

• Like 1

They would probably work. Coding would be needed to add it to tweak settings. It should already be added to the gateway as you had one already. The settings are things like name order of phone book amd the like so not crucial if you just want to get it working...