Armrest

Does anyone else find that the armrest gets in the way? I have the seat pretty far back and regularly whack my elbow on it. I'm actually considering removing it.

Applying the handbrake is also made more difficult with the arm rest down. Seems a design fault.

You end up driving everywhere with it in the fully upright position which then defeats the whole object of having an arm rest in the first place.

We had an Octavia previously with a central arm rest and had no issues pulling up the handbrake.

It is in the upright position. That's the problem.

The armrest in my fiancée's Alfa is fixed to the driver's seat and therefore moves back with it. A much better design.

Edited by Prog

It is height adjustable. Except poor handbrake position does mean its in a stupid place.

Benefit of DSG is not noticing it being in the way. Only use the handbrake for parking.

Maybe I should be more clear. I'm talking about when the armrest is in the upright position, not when it's in use.

Because my seat is far back, the armrest is slightly further forward in the upright position than the back of the seat leading to me whacking my elbow on it all the time. In fact, unless my left hand is on the wheel, the armrest touches my upper arm.

• 1 month later...

Have found the armrest useless as it gets in the way of safely operating the handbrake so I have left it in the upright position a total waste of money same as mirrorlink (pre week 22 ) as most of the phones on the list have a red dot next to any item relating to mirrorlink. I believe from another thread on the MK111 that there are only 3/4 totally compatible phones in the list at the moment. Joe

The armrest should really only be used for motorway driving when handbrake isn't in constant demand.

This doesn't answer your problem of upright position being in the way due to your being a human shape and all that.. Superminis are designed for supermini people, like me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Silly armrest!!

Yes, it is.

But when I am in the passenger seat it is really hard to resist the temptation to use it, because it is really nice! I resist, because the driver will shout! (sometimes it's me driving and I shout!)

• Like 1

Silly armrest!!

Yes, it is.

But when I am in the passenger seat it is really hard to resist the temptation to use it, because it is really nice! I resist, because the driver will shout! (sometimes it's me driving and I shout!)

My mate does that when hes passengering.

Its annoying. I have to politely push him off haha. Its not as wide as the cars hes used to, so only really a 1 person thing isnt it! Driver of course!

• Like 1