Suggestions regarding bluetooth.. Tried everything! and a question :)

As my son has posted, I swapped my 3C8 035 730 D revision module for a 3C8 035 730 B and I connect every time and as stable as a barn door via rsap. It is so damn annoying though that I can't get the D revision to work as that has the wifi capability where the B revision does not.

Not in the Chapeltown area are you Blackview??? I was next to a black CR140 combi in the Esso/Tesco Express garage on Burncross Road the other day. :)

Not in the Chapeltown area are you Blackview??? I was next to a black CR140 combi in the Esso/Tesco Express garage on Burncross Road the other day. :)

Hiya Wavy, If it's Blackray :D  you are asking then no it wasn't me. I am in Sheffield but my combi is in Rosso Brunello..

Hiya Wavy, If it's Blackray :D  you are asking then no it wasn't me. I am in Sheffield but my combi is in Rosso Brunello..

lol I just assumed your combi was black with your username being Blackray. :)

Bluetooth is temperamental at the best of times and appears to be   running it's own agenda , sometimes I have to stop car , switch it off , lock it , restart it then reboot the phone before it'll reconnect ( does similar in my Renault with mine and her indoors phones S4 ) . I'm about to go back to wire ear phones 

Edited by peterposh

Oh well, that did not work, disconnected this morning, would not reconnect had to manually connect..... :( So, I have now removed the phonebook app and installed the bluetooth one as mentioned above.... Doing my head in now, HOPE this works, installed it whilst I was out and worked perfect on the way home, see how it goes over the weekend.

So, a couple of questions (for Linni I suppose as he uses the app) 

1 . Out of curiosity how do you know the Bluetooth connection app s working??

I have paired it to the car, selected all profiles in both "profiles" and "devices" ...

2 . How do I confirm it is connected via the app :(

3 .I have selected to show notification icon when service running... What is this icon?

I have the normal bluetooth icon, then another when it connects to the car, but that is how it has always been, 

Maybe your only option is looking like downgrading to the older BT unit as mentioned above..... Unless wifi hotspot is more important than a stable BT connection?

Stuart, I am not keeping track on connections and I even disabled the notifications of the app. 

I just know it works: I do not experience any dropouts anymore after updating to Android 5.0 and after installing this app.

What I did else in settings: I ticked "prioritize last connection". No idea, iany help of it, but did just for case.

Stuart, I am not keeping track on connections and I even disabled the notifications of the app. 

I just know it works: I do not experience any dropouts anymore after updating to Android 5.0 and after installing this app.

What I did else in settings: I ticked "prioritize last connection". No idea, iany help of it, but did just for case.

I will see how it goes now, it is just so annoying.. Strange how it seemed ok for 4 months, and is then hit and miss even after the latest module fitted.. 

On mine "set last device" , "bluetooth on" are already ticked , I have unticked the notification again in advanced options, and the only pther thing ticked is "use setPriority ()" in the advanced options.. Interesting reading the developers website... And all my phones are Samsung   :(

It disconnected on the way out yesterday, installed the app and ticked all the profiles and it worked perfect on the way home... 

Bluetooth Connect Issue

The general concept in Bluetooth is the following. When your phone has Bluetooth on and you start your car (or other BT device) it is supposed send a broadcast about its presence. Your phone should intercept this presence and act accordingly. This requires two conditions to be met. The BT device must broadcast this presence and the phone must interecept it and handle it properly. Unfortunately the world is not perfect and some devices do not signal its presence and some Android ROMs (Samsung mainly) ignore the broadcast.

This is why we created this app to handle this gap. Android does not let you intercept or catch this event so there is not way to make this automatic. Hence we need a trigger to intitate the BT connection. This trigger can be the BT On event or Sreen On or any other. However, the app cannot just connect instantly when your car is started as it has no knowledge about it.

I will see how it goes now, it is just so annoying.. Strange how it seemed ok for 4 months, and is then hit and miss even after the latest module fitted.. 

Stuart,

Just a data point in case it's helpful.  I experienced the same problems as you with stability when moving from the "B" module to the "D". 

With the "B" my various Samsung devices (S3/S4/Note 8.0) would be reasonably stable with rSAP but would bug out occasionally and would drop back to HFP until the phone was rebooted. 

When I upgraded to the "D" unit in order to use the hot-spot I experience much the same problem with the device disconnecting after about 30 seconds.  I had previously use the Android-rSAP application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.rsap which replaces (or provides) the rSAP protocol on rooted devices.  On a whim, I decided to try this again, having not needed it since running my Galaxy S2 and, impressively, it works flawlessly.  It is rock-solid now on my current phone (Galaxy Note Edge) which bodes well for the Note 4 and has worked perfectly with both KitKat (4.4.4) and Lollipop (5.0.1) versions of Android.

With respect to the phonebook problems, I had endless problems with partial or missing contacts until I installed this app (from the same developer) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc which does the same thing for the PBAP bluetooth profile - although IIRC this app doesn't require the phone to be rooted.

Hope this helps,

m.

• Like 1

I could actually try rooting my old Galaxy S 3 to see if it works. ..

As a novice how would I root a galaxy S3?....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk