Optimax requires ECU reset?

Would also say you need to run a couple of tankfulls as well.

Be aware that Optimax does go off as it's an active ingredient added to normal unleaded.

BP Ultimate is more constant by comparison but I find it's more a lot more expensive and doesn't give as smooth resposne or mpg to Optimax.

Need to find out if my local Tescos does the 99 ron super unleaded.

It's well worth doing a throttle body alignment when changing fuel but to be honest you aren't gonna see a significant difference without a suitable remap unless you were using particular crap fuel before, e.g. supermarket 95ron.

Goochie Sainsburys SUL and BP Ultimate only have the fact they are both 97ron in common. BPU will have a number of additives over Sainsburys that will make all the difference and compared to Optimax it's really poor as I found out when I used a tank.

Supermarket fuel is cheaper because it costs less. Even supermarket 95ron is different to branded 95ron. Supermarkets tend to use no additives, there was a test done a few years ago by a car mag and the results showed that the engine internals were covered in dirty deposits after using cheap supermarket fuel for an extended period.

..... and so the great fuel debate rolls on and on and on and on.............

Indeed! I just use what my car runs best on which is Optimax+millers for the Octy and Sainsbury's City Diesel for the Ibiza.

Guest Fabia 12v

tried superunleaded (99ron) and a + 7 octane booster the other week just to see how how car performed......

Woweee... much better accel... and at private road speed she ran as quite as a mouse :thumbup:

One off though A) to expensive. B) Dont wanna kill engine

How often do you use the Millers? It's an octane booster right?

Millers Octane+, increases RON value by 1-2points. I use 1 bottle with every tank which is a slightly weaker mix than recommended, so probably increases Optimax to 99+RON. I buy it by the box so works out around

ok, its just I know scoobies and some mazda's need the ecu reset.

Scoobies don't need it reset as they use adaptive ECU's. The whole point of resetting is that you get instant effects, rather than having to wait for the ECU to adjust itself :D

Chris