Jimdiesel's Mk2 Monte Carlo 1.6 CR TDI 75/150

Jimdiesel

Just picked him up today have no idea what to do with it yet going to remap it at some point but might wait for the dpf to fail 1st and im after a better head unit columbus or may go chinese if i can get a decent one :D

Turned the drl's on hard to believe theres just a switch under the dash for that, wheels need a refurb and it needs a good clean and polish

717f1c89-a56a-4926-abf9-4b4631ef2dbd_zps

WP_20160513_005_zpsatsegdk2.jpg

temporary_zps9d5apswn.jpg

Also im editing out all my photos with full registration shown for privacy but will update with better pics later
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current mod list:
Remap Stage 1 +Egr delete (Apparently 150bhp no rolling road proof but its savage compared to the stock 75)
Modified airbox inlet
Fabia sport exhaust retrofitted
Carista trickery needle sweep auto lock etc
Osram night breakers main/dip (Hid kit died and had nightbreakers spare)
Osram cool blue sidelight (Led sidelights died too)
Bosch pure light drl bulbs (Leds tried a few and mtecs didnt last long)
Chrome indicators front/rear
Cob led number plate lights
DVD bluetooth etc head unit unbranded

Factory cruise control and parking sensors but no maxidot

Planned mods:
Bigger fmic most likely Yeti/Golf/A3 type or possibly S3
Whiteline rarb
Rear discs
Brakes & Suspension upgrade
Maybe Yeti/Golf/A3 170 turbo and mapping

Edited by jimdiesel
  • Like 1

I'm in a similar situation. I was going to keep it standard. But now I'm looking at a Bluespark box for it (it's a 75) and the VRS we'll be getting. And I need to paint the rear brakes black as they've started to rust. So I may as well do the front calipers too (Skoda Green would look OK on a silver Monte, wouldn't it?).

All of a sudden I'm looking at a chavved up MC with a 30% increase in power...

• Like 1

Its started lol

WP_20150428_001_zpszrwvizpg.jpg

One of the sidelights was clear and the other was blue so got some blue ones as theyre meant to be blue as standard arent they?

Not the best pics work gave a bloody nokia windows phone lol havent had much time to really drive it with work and stuff but will definitely be looking at suspension and rear arb later on funny i was looking at the bluespark box earlier and thinking maybe but then for extra £150 you can have it mapped to about 140 at the wheels let me know if you get one and how it goes tho :)

Edited by jimdiesel

No lol £150 on top of the £150 tuning box, Those are the figures celtic tuning have quoted did seem a tad optimistic tbh

They're suggesting a box and a remap?

Brimma- he's saying the cost of the remap is equivalent to a box plus 150 quid. 

I'm looking at a box- I don't need that much extra poke in this car, we will have the other for "making progress".

• Like 1

Brimma- he's saying the cost of the remap is equivalent to a box plus 150 quid.

I'm looking at a box- I don't need that much extra poke in this car, we will have the other for "making progress".

I'm a bit slow today :(

• Like 1

The 86hp one?

I think so bet it was advertised as 100hp before they brought out the pro and pro+ boxes lol

Either way little extra poke wont hurt i didn't get as much for my old car as id hoped so remaps out of the question for a few weeks at least

Its arrived but im off to work, looks a well made piece of kit tho im surprised had a tuning box on my old astra didn't look anywhere near as good build wise. Checking their website its 86hp on the default setting which is map 2 theres 5 maps so i better try them all and see which works best. Cant wait to try it out!

Not impressed with the box so far tbh definatly more torque and little more power after 3.5k revs where as it felt like it used start running out of guts, its on the highest setting too. Maybe I should play with the other settings just doesn't feel loads better just a little bit

Also did a full service, did a couple 0-100kph runs using an app got 10.5s that's 3s quicker than it should've been anyway without the box going to try a few with the box on different settings tomorrow maybe the previous owner mapped it already and that's why the box isn't doing much, then that wouldnt explain it feeling pretty flat higher in the rev range?

Edited by jimdiesel

did you try a 0 - 100kph before fitting the box or are you working on the book figures. 

I would say you need to play around with it as you may not need it on highest setting for your set up.

Yep the 0-100kph was before the box and service havent had chance for another run today did a nice long journey but with kids in the car tho, Checked on parkers and the 105 is around the 10s mark and the 75 was about 13s

I think ive found best setting  :)

Feels brilliant much more grunt all seems to be after 2k so theres still a bit of a flat spot but overall a vast improvement overall, no 0-100kph times unfortunately as the app was a trial and the last run i did was 47s i didnt purchase lol

Which setting is that? Still dithering about whether to bother or not, and if I were to do it I'd go for the box up from yours unless your 0-60 goes sub 10s with the box.

Tbh im not too sure about the accuracy with the app but it definitely feels better overall and quicker than before its on the default middle setting, in typical Jeremy Clarkson style i went for POWER option without trying the default could have been the ecu or something blocking it when set too high im guessing.

Got 10% discount code if you want it

A remap would be much better but im going to wait for dpf to fail and have it deleted the same time instead of mapping it twice

Edited by jimdiesel