Window blinds

Have bought second hand set (Venstyle) from fellow member here and installed them today so can't comment if they are any good yet but installation is really simple. Pictures taken with crappy phone's camera but it looks exactly as you would expect it to look like.

stqoZ0C.jpg

vxnOjI4.jpg

• Like 1

I've got the OEM skoda side shades, they're pretty similar to the Van style ones just a finer mesh. Shades have the added bonus of still providing shade when the windows are down.

1430517670000_zps17f264bb.jpg

• Like 1

Just ordered some of these and glad I did they look really impressive

I wanted the windows tinted but thought if I didn't like them or it started to peel then they would look rubbish. So blinds would be better option

How do these fix in?

Some say magnets?

where did you get them from please? And prices?

My air con doesn't work and I am fed up of using pieces of cardboard instead.

Not seen them before for Octavia, Look like tints in dara's pictures.

Many thanks.

Yes, Superskoda, or your local dealers for the skoda ones, the Van style ones I think you get direct from their website, or eBay.

You get clips in the kit which fix around the inside of the window frame, then the actual shades fix into the clips.

I got mine from the for sale section on here, they come up occasionally. New, I think they're somewhere in the £60-£80 region.

Just ordered some of these and glad I did they look really impressive.

Reading this, I thought you had already received them Paul.

just waiting for them to turn up

Would be nice if you would confirm this after you have received and fitted them.

Thanks for replies, maybe worth investment for me as an estate with no air con = not much fun some days :sweat:.

+1 for the Skoda genuine shades. Simple to fit clips. The van style ones are likely to be exactly the same. Unlike tints these are quickly removed in the darker days if you worry about visibility. However mine stay on all year round on just the 2 rear doors. I never fitted the hatch blind. They do come up on eBay and this forum now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gav_is_con

I had the full genuine Skoda 5 blind set in my Octavia estate and they were great: apart from the rear window one which made everything blurry in the rear view mirror.

They have little clips that are semi-permanently installed under the window rubber seals. The blinds pop in and out really easily and the clips almost unnoticeable with the blinds out.

The best thing is that they cover the full window and allow the window to be open slightly but still keep the bugs out.

The Vanstyle ones have a two-piece rear window blind (in the estate) I believe.

The Vanstyle rear screen is two piece.

I have Vanstyle on the rear side glass and the Skoda oem one piece on the rear, only reason being I have a rear dash cam fitted and the join was right in front of the lens.

The Vanstyle have been in place for nearly 4 years and not had any issues (apart from the time I replaced the rear hatch roller cover and the spring mechanism slipped out and put a hole in one of the blinds!)

The blinds take second to remove, which is easily done and mine get removed on a weekly basis when cleaning the interior.

One of the advantages over tints is being able to leave a rear window open in summer and no insects getting in.

Just ordered some of these and glad I did they look really impressive

I wanted the windows tinted but thought if I didn't like them or it started to peel then they would look rubbish. So blinds would be better option

How do these fix in?

Some say magnets?

There is manual on the Venstyle's website, the link below is for the estate but the hatch is the same. Don't know what kind of fixing Skoda uses but if clips as well, it will work in similar way.

http://www.privacy-shades.co.uk/carshades/pdf/SKO-OCTA-E-B.pdf

Anyone got pictures of what they look like from the inside as i wouldn't want it to look tacky!

How much are the genuine ones from Skoda?

Obviously it's just a mesh so won't look so smart (not saying it looks bad though) as tinted windows but then again, you can remove them and won't peel off.

Will take some more pictures tomorrow (or Monday) with proper camera.

I got mine from super skoda :)

Would be very interested to hear what you think of them before I also order some. Have heard that the rear wondow one can be "saggy" from some but read other posts saying they are great. I have had the vanstyle ones for another make of car before and they were OK so would be keen to hear an opinion/verdict on the ones from Superskoda.

Please let us know your thoughts/opinion on these once you get them

Edited by Berniebloke
  • Like 1

I had the oem skoda ones on mine. Fitting was really easy and they looked good. Bonus that you can have the window open without interfering with the blind.

Skoda ones are great. They're currently a bargain from SuperSkoda too. I think they're doing the full set of five for about the price of the rear window one from Skoda!

Just got mine but the rear window blind is in two pieces. Is it possible to get a single piece rear window for the estate.

Yes, Skoda oem, approx £75 including fitting from your friendly dealer.