YORKSHIRE MEET - Saturday 30th May

Wow ok things got complicated while I've been away haha

I hope the meet went well last time at Guiseley, again apologies for not being able to attend it personally.

There is a lot of discussion over location and the date.

Blue R36 I can't recall your actual name for the life in me at the moment though I think it's ALAN?

Anyways, you are not the only one that works at weekends I assure you I try to take as much consideration as I can to let people plan in advance as I have always apart from this month put the next meet up a couple of days at the most after the last one.

I work 2 jobs and very rarely get any time off at all so you have my sympathy believe me, everytime I organise and attend one of these meets I take time off work to do so.

Last time was not an option because I was working a wedding function for 200 people doing a 12 noon-2am shift.

My solution that I propose is this:

Yorkshire is a big place and I realise it is not fair to expect people from different parts of Yorkshire to travel to out particular side so to solve this one I propose we find a central location in Yorkshire therefore making it as fair on everyone as possible because if it's in the middle it's not too far in any direction to not be a Yorkshire meet :)

Secondly, regarding the date I am open to suggestions on dates but the highest attendance has always been at weekends in my mind as that's when most people (myself not included) have the most free time.

Yeah people work weekends as I myself do but it's hard trying to figure something out that works for everyone.

I will make sure there is a poll for the date everytime now I just started sticking with the last Saturday of the month as it worked, was memorable and people seemed to like it as attendance rose significantly with a continuous meet which was a complaint from some people when I first joined.

You are more than welcome to PM me with ideas or concerns and I will try to be more vigilante upon checking the website on a daily basis. Just been a bit mad the last couple of weeks with me moving into my first home and trying to get everything sorted but I guess that's no excuse, apologies.

I will research locations as often as I can and report back with any that I find are more suitable distance wise for the entire of Yorkshire rather than just the west.

Many thanks

Hope to hear from you soon

Craig

FTFY

As you say Craig, its very difficult catering for all

If its the same date every month...Nearest Saturday, then Im sure it will cater for all at some point in the year

Looking forward to the next one if I can make it, wherever it is.

• Like 1

FTFY

As you say Craig, its very difficult catering for all

If its the same date every month...Nearest Saturday, then Im sure it will cater for all at some point in the year

Looking forward to the next one if I can make it, wherever it is.

The Last Saturday in the Month would suit 

• Like 2

The Last Saturday in the Month would suit 

OK - Saturdays work for me - then the missus is free as well most times.

I'll keep the last Saturday of the month in mind for a Brisky meet... :thumbup:

A midweek Curry will be the next offering from me

I'll maybe start a thread soon

Last time I tried to offer this only Simbo and I were left after several dropped out and it was cancelled

So....its up to you guys.

Whatever is arranged it will never please everyone or have the perfect date, but with communication on dates in the thread, it has a better chance of being well attended

Apologies to those that will be unable to attend due to work, that's the nature of Meets

A midweek Curry will be the next offering from me

I'll maybe start a thread soon

Last time I tried to offer this only Simbo and I were left after several dropped out and it was cancelled

So....its up to you guys.

Whatever is arranged it will never please everyone or have the perfect date, but with communication on dates in the thread, it has a better chance of being well attended

Apologies to those that will be unable to attend due to work, that's the nature of Meets

I'm out " Don't eat Curry "     :no:      :sick:     :yes:

Hi I would like to go to the next meet if possible, it will be my first one so would be nice to get to know some fellow skoda owners. I have a suggestion for a place to have a meet which would be the meadowhall retail park, my reason for this suggestion is the car park is only ever about half full so no issues for parking together and the other thing is the endless options of food places here's a quick list

Pizza Hut

McDonald's

Nandos

Subway

Pizza express

Chiquitos

Handmade burger

Burger King and a few more as well

Also it's a spot which I have seen used my meets before which is including the biggest meet I have ever seen in my life, let me put this into context if anybody knows the place I'm referring to imagine every single space being taken up in the entire car park!!! And I'm not exaggerating. It was a few months back when it was on, I was on my way to cineworld and there where loads of traffic which really puzzled me due it being in the evening and i also thought it was strange how many tuned up cars where around me in the traffic and then saw everyone was turning left into the meadowhall retail park and it looked like something out of fast and the furious lol, it was pretty cool to be honest and I tell you what that McDonald's must have made some serious money that night, but one thing I did find disgusting is that when I went back round to see if they where still there after the movie. They had all gone but they had left the entire car park full of rubbish from McDonald's.

• Like 2

Purely on a personal level, Im not interested in having a Meet at 'Meadow Hell Hall'

BUT..If Damo would like to organise another, Im sure it will get well attended and wont leave the carpark a mess

Now that is a good idea..Marine Drive, Scarborough South Cliff...parked underneath a Gannet's nest!! :giggle:  :giggle:

Seriously...a would be more than interested, as we can stay over

I'm up for Scarborough, I'll bring some bread Chris, I'll throw it and you can wash everything   :yes:

We'll split the money equally 60/40 to me   :notme:

• Like 2