2015 Fabia Monte

Long story short, my order still isn't final.

Thinking about going for Meteor Grey instead of Candy White.

My current car is Candy White so kind of fancy a change.

Opinions?  :think:   

Some photos of one I found online

eGfzOYx.jpg

uLNpudt.jpg

QI8f4c7.jpg

Edited by Mcburns88
  • Like 4

Love to see a Meteor grey in the flesh - but it looks great on pics - some Octavia photos on the O3 forum - and they look very smart, and unusual. (Although - it's probably a similar colour that was very common in the 60s and 70s on Cortinas, Minors and Cambridges!). Only available on the Monte it seems.

Love to see a Meteor grey in the flesh - but it looks great on pics - some Octavia photos on the O3 forum - and they look very smart, and unusual. (Although - it's probably a similar colour that was very common in the 60s and 70s on Cortinas, Minors and Cambridges!). Only available on the Monte it seems.

Ya i'm thinking why not! I think it definitely needs the Monte styling to really suit the car.

I'm speccing the 17 inch wheels and sport suspension, so those together with the black roof etc. should help the car pull off the colour (I hope!)

• Like 2

Excuse my ignorance but why do Skoda sell a Monte if it's basically just an SEL?

Been thinking of changing my car and the Monte is high on my list.

Anyone know if you will be able to spec full leather seats?

Agreed, I'd be very interested in this.

Monte is basically an up-spec'd SE as was the Mk2 version.

I reckon a vRS will come later in the Mk3's life cycle much like the Mk2....will basically be a Polo GTI in drag...maybe some compromises to justify it's lower pricing.

Edited by pipsypreturns

Opinions? :think:

eGfzOYx.jpg

uLNpudt.jpg

QI8f4c7.jpg

Personally like it in Corrida Red or Candy White....and it saves a few hundred notes!

• Like 1

I've still got 18 months left on my current Rapid Sport, so by that time I hope the 150 BHP engine is in production in the MC as that could sway me! If not I will be looking at the Polo GTI as an option, not sure why they aren't selling very well, as the 1.8 TSI engine is a cracking engine going by reviews.

Great little car but very expensive once you start adding some options....not that well spec'd as standard.....is rather what hampered sales of the previous generation car.

Edited by pipsypreturns

Ordered the car today  :happy:  I had an order in with a different dealer but decided to change

I went for the Meteor Grey (Or Steel Grey as it is known in Ireland), it's also a no cost colour here :)

Also added Smartlink as I had thought that was included with the upgrade to Bolero radio but it appears not.

Full Spec

1.2 TSI 110bhp

Meteor Grey

Bolero

Smartlink

Sports Suspension

17 Inch Twist Star Alloys

Heated Front Seats

Dealer reckons it won't be here until November some time so I won't be registering until the new plate comes out over in Jan. 4 and a half months to wait!

• Like 2

I'll be joining the Fabia monte club in a couple of weeks. Just ordered a 1.2 110 Monte Carlo in black magic so it'll be rather stealthy looking. Possibly not the best colour to show off the constrasting roof but the wife veto'd white.

Otherwise it's just a standard car. I've got a lot of driving to do in September so I just took one that was available at port rather than build to order.

• Like 1

I'll be joining the Fabia monte club in a couple of weeks. Just ordered a 1.2 110 Monte Carlo in black magic so it'll be rather stealthy looking. Possibly not the best colour to show off the constrasting roof but the wife veto'd white.

Otherwise it's just a standard car. I've got a lot of driving to do in September so I just took one that was available at port rather than build to order.

Take it from me, a Monte Carlo looks epic and very stealthy.... When it's clean. Then it gets dusty. Then the swirls arrive. But for those brief couple of days where it's clean after a wash, it'll keep you smiling!

although it's not a monte, I've ordered a  110SEL with a few options.

I am still waiting for it to be built and I ordered the car on 10th June. My build week is next week.

I asked my dealer to look into the mirrorlink/smartlink thing for me with regard to my car, my car (build week 35) will have smartlink, as it is post week 22 build... why won't your monte carlo have smartlink?

although it's not a monte, I've ordered a  110SEL with a few options.

I am still waiting for it to be built and I ordered the car on 10th June. My build week is next week.

I asked my dealer to look into the mirrorlink/smartlink thing for me with regard to my car, my car (build week 35) will have smartlink, as it is post week 22 build... why won't your monte carlo have smartlink?

I have no idea to be honest, this whole smartlink thing is a mess, my father has a new Octavia Combi with the Smartlink function on his radio but its not enabled. 

Dealer confirmed a build week in November and December delivery, its the earliest Skoda have available for a Monte Carlo estate apparently!

:think:

Yup my dealer confirmed the same which is why I went for the hatchback. On the upside your estate is going to look awesome. Please post pictures when it arrives.

My Monte Carlo is waiting to clear customs and it should be ready by Friday 28th.

• Like 1

Opinions?  :think:   

eGfzOYx.jpg

uLNpudt.jpg

QI8f4c7.jpg

I really like this colour! I also like the estate a lot more than the hatch!

Anybody got any pictures of a black one? That would be my other colour!

• Like 1

I really like this colour! I also like the estate a lot more than the hatch!

Anybody got any pictures of a black one? That would be my other colour!

Had a loan of this while garage fitted towbar ...

IMG_0246%201_zpsp0zmtljr.jpg

IMG_0248%201_zpswvflpx9d.jpg

• Like 1

Looks awesome. I hope Skoda acknowledge this website. The MKII VRS didn't sell well as it had a crap engine and looke pants. This is how it should of been. 16 or 1.8 turbo please

• Like 1

Ordered the car today  :happy:  I had an order in with a different dealer but decided to change

I went for the Meteor Grey (Or Steel Grey as it is known in Ireland), it's also a no cost colour here :)

Where does the "Steel Grey" bit come from ?  It's showing as Meteor Grey on the Configurator.  Metal Grey is in the Metallic list. Meteor in the Solid colours.

Just to make sure you're gettin the right colour !

Love your spec there.

Ive been offered the show room model, its standard white, with the 1.2 90BHP. Trading in my Fabia Monte carlo TECH 1.2 105BHP with 30500miles.

Im doing insurance quote today and then I said I will make the deal over the phone this afternoon and then I can register the car and pick it up Friday.

The only thing holding me back right now is the engine and the seat colour, Im not sure if I will notice the 15BHP difference but I will definitely miss the opportunity to get a 6th gear. As Im not a massive fan of the 5spd on the Old Fabia, especally when on the motorway.

The price they have quoted me is £15895.

What do you guys think?

Dan

Where does the "Steel Grey" bit come from ?  It's showing as Meteor Grey on the Configurator.  Metal Grey is in the Metallic list. Meteor in the Solid colours.

Just to make sure you're gettin the right colour !

Love your spec there.

I know it's Meteor Grey online but on the dealer's system it is called Steel Grey! Meteor Grey is the UK name for what seems to be called Steel Grey elsewhere in europe. Metal Grey also exists but it's a completely different colour  :D

• Like 1