2015 Fabia Monte

Got a question for the new monte owners.......are the headights any better than the older montes...????? honest answers please....

In what way better?

Brighter? More aesthetically pleasing?

I like the look of them on my Monte!

Sent from my Moto G

In what way better?

Brighter? More aesthetically pleasing?

I like the look of them on my Monte!

Sent from my Moto G

In what way, well let's see, the headlights on the original montes were how can I put this.....****e so I'm probably asking are they still ****e....???

• Like 1

All Skoda models standard head lights are pretty sharn when dipped are they not?

The problem is really that unless road testing a Demonstrator in the dark out of town you have no idea until you then own a car.

Always worth Hiring the model you are interested in if a Dealership do not want to give a Extended Road Test like over 2 days.

• Like 1

We had to fit 120% brighter bulbs in our monte 2 weeks after taking delivery of it mk2 monte, there's loads of threads on the subject even when they are on high beam, so was just wondering if the new montes were the same

• Like 1

Finding the lights a bit rubbish! Might look into changing the bulbs soon.

I've been looking at the CANBUS LED lights, they seem to be pretty cool, but want to test 1 before putting it in the car to see what the laying light pattern is like. Will let you all know what they look like when I get my car next week (And if they are error free) 

I know some people have changed all the rear bulbs for LED's and they have been successful with those.. so hopefully it will all go well. 

Finding the lights a bit rubbish! Might look into changing the bulbs soon.

I keep getting flashed by other cars when on dipped so I figure they must be quite bright. Or just terribly aligned hehe. I find the front fogs help a fair bit though for visibility.

lots of people moaning about the DRL's being on at night still? that the case? if so it could be those dazzling other drivers? I know you can turn them down from the stereo controls.

The drls dim when lights are on. And yes I have been known to have fogs on without fog but often it's even without them on I get flashed. Can they be misaligned a couple of months on from being built and factory and dealer tested? Probably. But hey.

Or park up close to a wall ~3 Metres away.. then put your headlights on... If they are higher than the centre point of the lights then they need to come down a touch... use the adjuster screws, sod paying a garage. Unless the Dealer will do it for free. 

Looks like I'm collecting my car tomorrow!! Cant wait! 

Will be pics as soon as I'm home in the daylight !! 

Maybe not... Dealer has no appointments so I gotta wait for a free slot... what a joke.  :thumbdown:

Edited by Jcb05
  • Like 1

Looks like I'm collecting my car tomorrow!! Cant wait!

Will be pics as soon as I'm home in the daylight !!

Picked mine up last night but i am yet to see it in daylight as im stuck in work. Probably wont see it in the light til the weekend haha. Must say what a difference from my mk1 vrs, absolutely brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Love mine too! Great little car, the 1.2 110 is a really smooth engine, runs out of puff a little bit in higher gears but more than enough unless you are trying to break some speed limits  :devil:

You need to change gears a fair bit to make the most of the engine I find!

Already dreaming of its replacement in a couple of years  :D a Seat Leon Cupra ST hopefully  :wub:

• Like 1

Love mine too! Great little car, the 1.2 110 is a really smooth engine, runs out of puff a little bit in higher gears but more than enough unless you are trying to break some speed limits  :devil:

You need to change gears a fair bit to make the most of the engine I find!

Already dreaming of its replacement in a couple of years  :D a Seat Leon Cupra ST hopefully  :wub:

I ordered mine with a DSG, London traffic is really irritating constantly changing gears. So hopefully the Sport Mode can keep up with my driving style. 

• Like 1

I think these things look cracking....funny I dont really like red cars but the MC looks teriffic in red.

I have to say though I am not that sold on the interior and I think for the money an SE with the colour concept pack is probably a better buy if you can live without some of the trinkets particularly as you can have it with the 110 TSI.

I'd really like one though.

• Like 1

Now waiting for the PDI to be complete... can't believe the dealer says a week for an hours work!! its ridiculous! then I can finally pick up my monte.. 

Dealer says its the highest spec one he has sold and he wants pictures of it too as he can show it to future clients. 

Now waiting for the PDI to be complete... can't believe the dealer says a week for an hours work!! its ridiculous! then I can finally pick up my monte.. 

Dealer says its the highest spec one he has sold and he wants pictures of it too as he can show it to future clients. 

Very frustrating!

What did you spec?

110 1.2 Monte

DSG

Race Blue 

17" alloys

Sports suspension,

auto lights, 

Rain sensor,

Keyless ignition but not Keyless entry (too many cars get nicked near me to risk it) 

Sat Nav,

Armrest 

Cruise Control

Spare wheel. 

I think i got a couple other things but can't remember what.. so long ago since I ordered it. 

Ill activate the voice control and turning fogs with my Vag-Com and debadge the tailgate too.. 

Edited by Jcb05

110 1.2 Monte

DSG

Race Blue 

17" alloys

Sports suspension,

auto lights, 

Rain sensor,

Keyless ignition but not Keyless entry (too many cars get nicked near me to risk it) 

Sat Nav,

Armrest 

Spare wheel. 

I think i got a couple other things but can't remember what.. so long ago since I ordered it. 

Ill activate the voice control and turning fogs with my Vag-Com and debadge the tailgate too.. 

Nice!