Passenger front door lock

My front passenger door has dead locked itself and refuses to open using fob or handle . Ive had a good look thro all th other posts regarding central locking and im a bit confused as to wether it will be wiring loom or lock itself . I thought if i ttok off door card i could have a butchers at wiring plugs etc and take it from there but my problem is the door is locked shut and i cant access any of the screws to get door card off , is it possible to remove dooor card with door closed or am i going to have to cut it out and replace with a new card 

Try thumping the door just below the handle as you operate the locking, may be able to open it and then exam. Also check wires through A pillar. It could just be a ceased or sticky lock mech, but again door card off would be preferable for a more thorough lubrication and working of it. If you do get card off check handle cable at both ends, it may just be popping off too easily.

All that is best case scenario I guess. Worst case is door still won't open. You may be able to get the screw out behind the handle, pop the trim off and have a fish about for the cable if it is that. Otherwise it's going to be a case of prising it off and sacrificing the clips, may get away with only a bit of damage to the card and just replace the clips.

Could be corroded pins in the multiplug which slides off the window motor, or damage in the loom. The window regulator can also rub the loom as well which doesn't help.

If you're having trouble with the search try Google with octavia or briskoda added to your keywords, it's often easier to find stuff on here that way. Also check through the tech section. Was also something here not long ago, may be page 2 or 3 by now, won't be far away though. Good luck.

i had same issue with my old bora, i went drastic measures tho,. bought a second hand door same colour and cut the lock from outside and put a new door on!   the door was only £30!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys am going to give this a bash at the weekend had the car serviced yesterday and they replaced a thermo sensor so its running like a dream just a pity the wife needs to get in the back makes me feel more like a taxi driver than normal

howdy, i had problem with drivers door a few years back, i see someone reposted my thread,hope it helps,i also had another back door that wouldn't open,found a thread on a vw site,

prise off top of door card from door frame with window fully down,get a piece of wood and place it between door card and up against the window regulator.get somone else to continually operate the central lock switch on inside of drivers door (open,close,open,close etc) and at same time get a hammer and give the block of wood a few thumps .i was a bit sceptical when i read the thread, but after 3 thumps it opened,that was about 4 years ago, never happened since.best of luck,Conor

• Like 2

Conor305 that sounds like my kind of fix could u post link to original thread i need a bit more guidance .

Did you remove any bits to allow you to prise off top of door card 

Roughly where is the window regulator viewed from inside the car 

Are you thumping top of regulator with piece of wood or the face of the regulator 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/112185-door-card-removal-from-deadlocked-octavia/

see link above for front door card removal when deadlocked, re the back door, as best i recall i removed whatever i could to take the strain off the door card, ie. the inner handle etc.and them prised off the top of the door card with a large bladed screwdriver,i put the block of wood against the nearest bit of the window motor and gave the block of wood a few thumps.hope this helps,Conor