OMG cant decide Which way.

troggles

Well as mentioned after car for daughter will be her first car.

I like citigo she likes fabia, but she has no idea of running costs and in all fairness likes the look of monte.

PCP seems like a really good idea and safe option for having a car, never gone down this route before. always bought used.

Well for her the newer the car the cheaper insurance, have noticed a ex forum car going to auction soon. Mind you unsure about buying at auction.

what would be bet value for money, my concern is will she get bored after a year or two. What colour options are easy/hard to sell and best trim to get, haven't looked into pitfalls of pcp, but for what you pay, does that not work out less than what a new car would be worth after 3 yrs depreciation. Or do you face any penalties.

Whats scares me about fabia is people with chain issues on the tsi,

always thought second hand, just pcp seems to good to be true, mind you never looked at small print

whats pitfalls of pcp apart from having to pay a chunk at end if want car

That's about it to be honest, although our main car is coming up to the end of its 3 year pcp, on 0% also, but its 4 options,

1. px and get a new one (car has 2-3k equity in it, combination of a very pessimistic MGFV, low miles, good condition etc),

2. pay the £8k,

3. pay the £8k over instalments(offered 7%apr by the manufacturer finance company, so effectively same as we are paying now but for 2 years more)

4. give the car back (had a sheet off them detailing fair wear and tear, ie car park dents etc), as the car has so many £'s equity in it obviously not going to do this.

Buy your daughter a sturdy old banger - she will probably prang it a few times in the first year or two - mine did!

She had a Felicia which stood up to all sorts of abuse including her pulling out if front of a dustbin lorry.

Now she has settled down she drives a new Honda Civic and no longer hits everything around her when she parks.

PCP however is an excellent route into new car ownership but you will certainly want GAP insurance if buying new - so if your daughter writes the car off in the first few weeks you don't suffer a massive loss!  :D

The Citigo is a very easy car to drive, good visibility, excellent overall reliability and very cheap running costs.

Edited by thekrankis

PCP however is an excellent route into new car ownership but you will certainly want GAP insurance if buying new - so if your daughter writes the car off in the first few weeks you don't suffer a massive loss!  :D

You only know how good an insurance company is when you claim, so I can only go with the price, dealer gap insurance cost me ~£300, online its ~£100.  Seems to be similar to the supagaurd type stuff, ie a nice bit of commission for the dealer.

Edited by wizzi

There's a sponsor on here who does gap. Apparently some insurance companies do a new car replacement in the first year. Going to look into this when I collect my car tomorrow.

I've been told I will get 5 days free insurance from skoda

im tempted with old banger but then insurance goes up its a catch 22

PCp frightens me in case she does damage wheels etc you know they can pick up supermarket dings odd scratches, am I right you can hand them back once half has behind repaid, who agrees the final payment value?

went to have a look at citigo the day at least dealer had one in but too busy with someone else so had to leave at end.

was trying to see size of boot

Final payment is agreed at start, it's all down to residuals. Boot isn't actually too small on these. Other good thing is they are a 5 star ncap so very safe. If you go for the safety pack it might save her a bump or two, as tray have a sensor that will brake the car automatically under 20 mph if it senses something in front.

I like citigo its really growing on me, but not suitable for me,

being a teenager she likes fabia and monte.

I cant imagine her driving weird, It seems weird they have top safety rating the bonnet is so small, but buy a older car and insurance into £1000s.

cant believe how many optional extras are, was a used one for sale and on window had includes spare wheel, which I thought quite funny along with

fsh notes

There's a sponsor on here who does gap. Apparently some insurance companies do a new car replacement in the first year. Going to look into this when I collect my car tomorrow.

I've been told I will get 5 days free insurance from skoda

Bet you cant wait, so excited, btw what colour yellow is that, just seen loads of reds

The Citigo will be the car she'll fall in love with given the choice. I think. :)

afraid its the fabia ideally a monte or a reaction. But I have fallen for the citigo, she says its a definite no but if I got one she might change her mind, they seem to hold price better than fabia?

how much is the Monte Fabia? I'm guessing way more than £11k!!!!!!

My Mrs loves my Citigo, is even on about using it when she goes to Wales to visit family. Has your daughter been in a Monte Citigo? They are significantly different from the other models

My partner has a Fabia - it beats my Mii for space in the back and boot (though oddly the Mii feels more spacious in the front) and I'm not sure that would be a priority for a first time driver?

What the Mii/Citigo has is a sense of fun - I find it really engaging to drive. It is also fine on the motorway, and ridiculously easy to park!

A quick test drive of the two might persuade her...?

Who is paying for the car?

If it's you - buy her the Citigo and remind her that if she wants the Fabia she can go get a job ;) - It's dirt cheap to insure, runs on air and a prang isnt the worst thing in the world.

• Like 1

im paying for it kind of, the fabia is actually cheaper to insure but its a reaction that primer a pretend monte carlo

I feel if I buy citigo she will get to love it, cant believe newish  cars don't come with wheels omg, whats that all about

im paying for it kind of, the fabia is actually cheaper to insure but its a reaction that primer a pretend monte carlo

I feel if I buy citigo she will get to love it, cant believe newish  cars don't come with wheels omg, whats that all about

Just buy the Citigo. Spare costs a few quid but some haggling will get it thrown in. Depreciation will be less too ;)

spare wheel is only a £50 option. I don't see what she like about the Fabia, I really don't like the Mk3, the interior is so bland.

^^^ This - And tbh the price is so close to a Polo that I would be buying that (same car, improved interior and better residuals) for the same cash with some haggling.

spare wheel is only a £50 option. I don't see what she like about the Fabia, I really don't like the Mk3, the interior is so bland.

It would be a used one, so that would be mark2 fabia, I don't like grill on new ones