Another transport blocks thread - any on the back?

Typical story: new VRS TDI, hard ride, loud knocking, looked behind shock gaiters to find these...

3yi2Gry.jpg

3 from each front shock.

My Q is, are there any blocks to be found on the back?

Thought I could feel something behind the rear gaiters but they're cable-tied in place and I don't want to go cutting things open (lease car). I've also seen conflicting reports of whether any are ever used on the rear?

Don't want a wasted trip back to the dealers if there aren't any ever installed.

Thanks

Edited by mr1

Name and shame that dealer!

Check your tyre pressures, oil, coolant and screen wash levels as well as it looks like an idiot did the PDI.

Oil and coolant were checked as soon as I got it and fine, but tyres were ~42psi all round.

Not going to name and shame the dealer unless they handle the follow-up of this badly, as they've been otherwise very good and I did pressure along the delivery process quite a lot! Probably one monkey at fault rather than the whole dealership.

Any idea whether there are blocks on the rear though?

Edited by mr1

Follow-up: pleased to report that dealer / service manager took it very seriously, though somewhat sheepishly! Will not be naming and shaming as a result.

In addition, one of my tyres lost pressure and mushed its sidewall about 30 seconds from the dealership. No apparent cause or damage. Replaced FOC.

Bloomin heck! That's not good. I am glad for you that the dealer is sorting it out amicably. I had a right faf with mine!

I still can't believe they are still doing this - Skoda even issued a TSB to make sure they removed them.

If the people PDI'ing the cars aren't trained sufficiently what else haven't they done - I'm surprised it isn't in transport mode still!

• Like 1

Did you get anything in compensation? Or just more of a build relationship thing?

I was going to ask for something, but I was pleased enough with the service manager's attitude (someone was in for a *******ing) and that he was fair about replacing the tyre. Would've kicked off about negligence if they'd denied fault.

Main concern now is that they couldn't identify a puncture or cause of the flat. I had set all the tyres to 35psi on Saturday evening and barely driven since then, so it had dropped quickly. Could potentially mean...

- Faulty tyre, putting other 3 from same batch at risk

- Faulty alloy, in which case the new one won't last either

Keeping a very close eye on pressures - any drop on the new tyre and I'll be demanding a whole new wheel.

To answer your question about rear, they don't put transport blocks on the rear suspension. I had mine checked at the dealers after having the same issue as you.

The fronts are there to stop it bottoming out during transportation due to the extra weight at the front from the engine.

Main concern now is that they couldn't identify a puncture or cause of the flat. I had set all the tyres to 35psi on Saturday evening and barely driven since then, so it had dropped quickly. Could potentially mean...

- Faulty tyre, putting other 3 from same batch at risk

- Faulty alloy, in which case the new one won't last either

Keeping a very close eye on pressures - any drop on the new tyre and I'll be demanding a whole new wheel.

Perhaps a dodgy or dirty valve.

Did they check the tyre pressures before giving the car to you?

Could just have been the guy was very slow removing connector or some dirt stopping the valve from closing fully.