VW RCD310 DAB in Pre-Facelift

What would be needed to fit an RCD310 DAB in a pre-facelift?

Mine is a 2005, so to avoid battery drain, I'm assuming a newer CAN gateway is needed? Or would a flash be available like the Columbus?

I'm assuming it won't work with parking, climatronic or maxidot on my car?

Providing I got a DAB aerial, would everything else be plug and play?

The modified firmwares didn't work on my car, I thought they had but after not using the car for the day I had a dead battery. Ended up ordering new can gateway which isn't here yet. I believe anything after k should work but I also read the k version needs a later software revision. I got an s revision, no idea if it's going to work as it was the cheapest I could find.

Nice piece of kit the RCD310 :)

(just sold one on the bay)

You may will need to make sure you have the right fascia too :)

You are correct, none of those features will work. However the PDC will still beep, as it's not part of the ICE system. It will drive an MDI though.

DAB aerial: £20 or so from dabonwheels, just plug and go. Look through the options to make sure the "fall-back" is switched on, that way it will fall-back to FM if the DAB signal is lost. (assuming the station also uses FM)

There's no flash fix, but I'm not sure about the need to upgrade the gateway.....there's no fan or HDD or other gubbins to keep alive in the first place.

There are conflicting reports over rev K gateways too, some have said later SW versions, some have said all. I think this is why the generally accepted way to go is L or later.

If you wanted to try a late K, I have one sitting on my desk at home that you could have for postage, but you'd need someone with VCDS to make sure it's coded correctly to your car.

I don't think so. I think the RCD310 is BAP and your car will be DDP. It may be possible by changing the steering controller, but then at that point you might as well spend that money and get a Columbus ;) ;)

Even with Columbus my pre fl steering wheel controls didn't work until I upgraded the Can gateway. The volume worked but not the selector buttons, if you are not careful you can quite easily find yourself building a new car around the stereo :D

I may be better buying a stream MP3 then.

All I really want to do for now is play MP3 off a disc.

I've got a Stream MP3 in the garage somewhere, just not sure of the code

I have an old Chinese unit that I messed the nav up on, has can integration etc. Does sd cards up to 32gb, also has a brand new numberplate surround reversing camera, bluetooth with external mic, another video in for dash camera etc. The nav can be fixed if you can find the firmware. £75 posted if you can use it. I even have the surround to go with a car with climate. I turned the navi off from the secret menu but if you can get it fixed might be useful, it is Wince6 so a bit slow on the navigation front. Bluetooth works brilliantly though

post-128022-0-68920400-1432041091_thumb.jpg