So this is pretty decent

VRS Mike

Just filled up after 397 miles. Put in 36 litres into the 35 litre tank!! PID showing 0 miles left. However it went from 20 miles, 15, 10, 5, 0. In quick time over very few miles. Heart stopping and annoying. Not as frugal as PID indicates generally low 50's. So 50mpg. Need to stop enjoying the sound of three cylinders singing.

• Like 2

Need to stop enjoying the sound of three cylinders singing.

This is the first car we've ever had in which I'm not always sure what gear I'm in - I keep finding myself bowling along in third without any sound of it wanting to go up a notch. The engine is so 'sweet' and willing, it just wants to rev. I've not looked at any figures but it strikes me that the gear ratios are pretty 'close' as well.

This is the first car we've ever had in which I'm not always sure what gear I'm in - I keep finding myself bowling along in third without any sound of it wanting to go up a notch. The engine is so 'sweet' and willing, it just wants to rev. I've not looked at any figures but it strikes me that the gear ratios are pretty 'close' as well.

Yes I have had this, driven a couple of miles in third thinking I was in 5th, they are actually quite refined

^^^^ Isn't there a gear indicator on the dash display?

Yes - I have to squint to see it. I only look down at my dashboard now and again anyway. I find that the instrumentation in general is not good. I always seem to have to look twice for the 30mph and 40mph marks as I always stick to speed limits :angel:

p.s. - Makes me appreciate the maxi-dot on the Yeti!

Edited by longedge

Just had a blast to the lakes from Newcastle. Pushed on going there ;) averaged 52mpg. Did a 20 mile trip around the lakes and got to 73mpg. Drove back sensibly and got 61mpg.

My Crapid has just done a calculated 31 mpg :(

What a piece of s***

I miss my Citigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gutted for you mate, you'll be one of the first in the Citigo VRS when they release it soon  :D

My Crapid has just done a calculated 31 mpg :(

What a piece of s***

I miss my Citigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is what I will also miss when mine goes..........I doubt I'll do any better than your rapid (2.0Tsi)

edit to add this:

Not bad from this morning

post-15023-0-97688000-1437744427_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

has anybody else noticed a difference on the mpg indicated on the PID with relation to fuel in the tank?

On my commute from work the other day after about 10 miles of driving miss daisy, ac off I was on about 76mpg average, today similar driving, in fact if anything a little slower acceleration it was 65mpg, the other day I had 1/2-3.4 tank, today 1/4-1/2.  Was I driving less economically today, or is there some discrepancy on tank level and indicated mpg?