So this is pretty decent

VRS Mike

70A5792C-7460-4308-BEEF-95FB2C6C6751.jpg

Is it sad that this excites me lol. Will economy improve as the engine is bedded in? Was thinking I'd be averaging around 55 mpg. But on most trips I'm getting into the 60's

Don't get too excited, Mike. The only way to gauge your actual consumption is mileage covered from full tank to full tank. Mine has averaged 54mpg over 9800 miles. The PID is somewhat optimistic. 

My experience is low to mid 50s as well. Never dipped below high 40s.

On a related note, don't put too much faith in the fuel gauge - unless the issue has been fixed it will take ages to get to 1/2 then drop rapidly from then on. I try not to let it get below 1/4 at which point you can almost see the needle dropping...

On a recent thrashing to York, Mrs goldfinger's CitiGo achived this

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

and no the car is not on it's side.

You beat me to it, I was going to say don't let your missus drive again if she parks like that. :x

• Like 1

I don't get anything like 60mpg. Maybe if I stopped using 6000rpm off roundabouts and 3rd gear up to ...ahem...70mph then it might improve. But 50+mpg whilst pretending to be Colin McRae is pretty good. And damn good fun!!!

• Like 3

I don't get anything like 60mpg. Maybe if I stopped using 6000rpm off roundabouts and 3rd gear up to ...ahem...70mph then it might improve. But 50+mpg whilst pretending to be Colin McRae is pretty good. And damn good fun!!!

Yeah that'll keep your mpg down lol. I can't really do that on my daily commute :D

• Like 1

I've filled up 3 times now (always brim it), got 42.78 and 39.47 mpg. Almost all short journeys between 2-15 miles so it's not too bad. I don't put much trust in what the pid says and prefer to rely on my spreadsheet to tell me what's happening.

I started keeping the spreadsheet many years ago. At one time I had a Cortina and as far as I knew it was perfectly OK but it suddenly dropped from around 30mpg to around 20mpg. Turned out the carburettor was duff and a replacement shot the mpg back up to mid 30's so fuel consumption figures have always been an indicator of engine health for me.

p.s. talking about the Citigo here - my Yeti struggles to get over 30mpg :|

Edited by longedge

• 2 weeks later...

I topped up my tank last weekend. Average was 48mpg. I've now reset the long term trip and will see how the PID compares to actual MPG. I've been driving pretty economically to work and my range is showing 450 miles, not sure if this is achievable though. Going to Beaulieu tomorrow so will be interesting to see what MPG I see.

^^^ If I remember correctly best I ever got from a full tank was 461. That was mostly on a long distance run to Wiltshire and back, with a bit of local/short distance use inbetween.

I got caught on the M40 tonight. Five and a half hours to get from West London to Birmingham. I'm still on my first tank of fuel since collection, mixed driving and up to 430 miles with about a quarter tank left. The sat nav tried its best but the traffic was rubbish everywhere. I almost got an apology with the 'There is no alternative route". Impressed with the economy as a lot of that has been at 80ish mph. I did get to find I could lounge about in the seat with legs fully outstretched ... further than the Golf with it's footrest in the way. The only thing I miss so far is the cruise control... I've yet to try and get a bike in the back. So far so good.  :clap:

Friend of mine got caught in that Jam, took him 13 hours to get here from London, arrived at 1 am this morning

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pid always says No Alternative Route, even when there are very obvious alternatives. PID is not at all accurate with mpg. I believe Sat Nav companies are in league with petrol companies. Conspiracy to route away from shortest, most convenient route to use more fuel.;)

• Like 1

Coming from Ditchling Beacon to Brighton the PID tells one to turn immediate left on a fenced section of cliff top. It is a long way down "IF" anyone is daft enough to try it.

I managed low forty mpg over a Cumbrian Pass with enthusiastic motoring.

Used my PID navigation for the first time today, it told be to cross the steam that's at the end of my road lol. I always go my own route then use the nav to guide me the final bit.

Not necessarily, for whatever reason (happened last year as well) going up to Skodafest it takes me along the M1 but for unknown reasons it diverts me from the M1 on the way back

It must be female. :giggle:

Fred

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I topped up my tank last weekend. Average was 48mpg. I've now reset the long term trip and will see how the PID compares to actual MPG. I've been driving pretty economically to work and my range is showing 450 miles, not sure if this is achievable though. Going to Beaulieu tomorrow so will be interesting to see what MPG I see.

Well just filled up again, had 95 miles left on the range but have a few trips this week. The PID showed 57.5 MPG, calculated was 52MPG. Had a few blasts which didn't help, but still pretty good.