ERG repair cost

My Fabia Estate 1.6 diesel broke down a few days ago. I called the AA who diagnosed ERG fault. He managed to get it started and followed me to the nearest Skoda garage (approx half mile away). Garage called today to say the car is ready. The cost is £950.00 which includes a diagnostic test for £85.00, even though I had given them the written report from the AA man which pinpointed this fault. Have I the right to deduct this amount from the total?

I would ask for it to be deducted. Why are they charging for a further diagnostic when they have been advised of the fault?

There is certainly no harm in asking the question.

My 1.6 had it replaced a month outside of the warranty and after much giving out and emailing Skoda Ireland cover the parts and all I paid was the labour €260 in total

Surely a dealership isnt going to rely on a breakdown companies generic code reader and start changing parts without checking themselves imagine it was something egr related but easier and cheaper to fix.

Personally id ask for a breakdown of the work done as it seems very steep for an egr!

My Fabia Estate 1.6 diesel broke down a few days ago. I called the AA who diagnosed ERG fault. He managed to get it started and followed me to the nearest Skoda garage (approx half mile away). Garage called today to say the car is ready. The cost is £950.00 which includes a diagnostic test for £85.00, even though I had given them the written report from the AA man which pinpointed this fault. Have I the right to deduct this amount from the total?

You tend to find if you take this approach, the garage is now only working under your direction, not a good idea.

Being a Skoda Dealership Workshop going to do a diagnostic on a Skoda / VW Engine car, they were not exactly unaware of the issue 

they were about to do the diagnostic on, and the remedial work that would be required.

Trial & Error did not come into dealing with the job.

So ask to see the Time Sheet, Labour & Parts cost, and if you think they are overcharging, check out with Skoda UK or 

another Franchised Volkswagen Group Dealership the Labour & parts cost they charge.

Maybe put the Break Down of the Invoice up on here.

If the Cost is achieved by Over Charging, you can give them the opportunity to correct any overcharging if there was,

& if they stand by their Bill, put their name online / twitter as a forewarning to others.

Edited by goneoffSKi