New Yeti!

philipashby

Very Strange that the car is in UK and you wont get till Aug ?

Now it is in the UK, a decent dealer could have you the car in 2 weeks, quicker if they are prepared to' extract a digit from where the sun does not shine '

I had my previous car an Octy vRS 6 working days on UK arrival. The Yeti was 8 Working days.

Now it is in the UK, a decent dealer could have you the car in 2 weeks, quicker if they are prepared to' extract a digit from where the sun does not shine '

I had my previous car an Octy vRS 6 working days on UK arrival. The Yeti was 8 Working days.

Am guessing the build was slightly earlier than expected and so delivery might be sooner than thought?

Maybe ours was on the same boat?

Am guessing the build was slightly earlier than expected and so delivery might be sooner than thought?

Maybe ours was on the same boat?

Precisely that! Dealers best guesstimate was not great...to my benefit :D

There were two boats that docked from the same berth this weekend so, yes, one or other :)

Was rather hoping for a delivery next Monday but I suspect that may be a little optimistic! 

Wife's Yeti is waiting at the dealers, having trouble sorting the finance paperwork though, as we were quoted on an Elegance but getting an SE L, which surprise surprise is more expensive ! Dealer is being OK saying there's no way he's going to re-quote even though that's what Skoda UK have told him to do, as we ordered it nearly 3 months ago !!

philipashby - can you post some pictures when yours arrives? It is exactly the colour combo I have in mind (same engine too, for that matter!)

Absolutely! That's the plan. :) /drums fingers some more :D

So the car arrived at the dealers today...

...with the wrong seats! Ordered alcantara but full leather installed.

Not entirely sure how they are going to fix it... rear seats just pop out but the front ones are heated seats... On hols for a week ... doh!

So the car arrived at the dealers today...

...with the wrong seats! Ordered alcantara but full leather installed.

Not entirely sure how they are going to fix it... rear seats just pop out but the front ones are heated seats... On hols for a week ... doh!

Oh no! :doh: :( . Has the dealer said what they're going to do about it?

Oh no! :doh: :( . Has the dealer said what they're going to do about it?

Something about lodging it with Skoda as a fault...salesman off til Weds so will know more then I suppose... time for a beer methinks :beer:

OK so dealer has told me that it was human error at their end!

Offering free service (which is supposed to be free with the current finance deals) to keep the car with full leather

or

Order a new Yeti and wait 2 months... my current finance is up as is the MOT on the existing car so not sure how that will work! on the plus side I would get the free service and 0% finance anyway...

Question: How slippy and hot do full leather seat get in comparison to alcantara? Enough discomfort to wait 2 months?

Am on my second Yeti with leather seats and have had no problems with them at all.  They are sufficiently soft not to be slippy and have never felt hot - until I switch the heated seat on.

OK so dealer has told me that it was human error at their end!

Same happened with my Yeti order, dealer had mad a mistake on the order. I rejected and reordered - which meant I got a MY16 so not too bad just a bit longer to wait.

No problems at all with leather in my Yetis.(apart from being brown in the L&K.)

I'd try to keep the current one for now,with a new "correct" order in 2 months time.

How about some tasty Dealer fit accessories?

I tried leather & alcantara.

It was November when we were ordering ours. We got in the car with alcantara - it was lovely.

Then we got in the one with leather - the seats were freezing. OK the heaters didn't take long to sort that, but it wasn't nice.

So we ordered alcantara.

We have leather in one of our other cars. One the hot days of summer it's horrible - hot to the point of burning the skin.

Get in the Yeti with the lovely alcantara - no such issues.

Stick to your guns. Get the alcantara.

They should not have to order a new car - the seats covers can be ordered as parts and a couple of hours in their workshop should see them swapped.

Very disappointing for you, however my practical view on it would be the full leather should be easier to keep clean, particularly being the lighter shade. Also having been in the same situation with rejecting our first Yeti back in 2009 for wrong build spec, I feel they should be offering a better compensation deal. In our case they offered to knock the price of all the options off the cost of the car (came to around £600). In the end we did reject the car, as we got more discount, although in hindsight I'd probably been better keeping the first one. 

TP

Thanks for all the replies! Great advise and experiences!

Probably have to use my head and go with the existing car with better compensation, as TP suggested.  I have spent silly amounts of time picking out the spec. To have it dashed by one person not doing their job takes the biscuit!

Ruled out new order as it would complicate things with the existing car too... finance deal ending and MOT/tax due. Although it would mean adding more extras... haha no... stick to your guns :P

So going to ask for some extras on top of the "free" servicing.

Cheers folks!