Twin Rear Foglights Enabled on a Facelift

Hate 2 rear fogs. Nightmare following cars like this.. looks like the brakes are on all the time :thumbdown: . Def not needed at all

Perhaps on older cars, but the addition of high level brake lights helps to prevent confusion.

If it is foggy enough to warrant the use of rear fogs (rarely the case these days, people tend to turn them on at the slightest sniff of mist) then I want as much warning to the rear as possible. If someone is following close enough in thick fog to benefit from seeing my brake lights then they are way too close.

You HAVE got a bulb already there -- it is the same bulb that is being used for the lower tail light.

Haha sorry Mike. Miss read your post. Don't want the popcorn out again lol [emoji6]

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello! Could you please tell me how you coded it? I also have VCP but byte 18 is only showing checkboxes(no code help). I can also code binary but I don't know how and I don't want to screw with EEProm. Thanks!

Leave byte 18 as 00, don't touch it!

You need to use the PQ35 BCM programmer as shown in this video:

Depending if your car is LHD or RHD, it'll be either C47 or A6 that needs the fog function adding.