Automatic door locking

Bigdrive

Hi, my wife has just bought a new Citgo Elegance green tec and we are not sure if there is a problem with the door locking. The manual says the doors should automatically lock at 15km/h but hers don't. Should they lock and if so does anybody know if there is some way to turn the function back on without having to take the car back to the dealer?

Cant remember if you can do this yourself on the city or not (usually done in the maxidot) but VCDS can do it.

Like Gizmo has said, get someone with VCDS to activate it (had it done on mine a while back and it activates at about 5mph)

Here's the Citigo VCDS Codes

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285960-vag-comvcds-for-citigo-a-definitive-guide-to-the-citigos-options/

I also see you live in Hampshire, it might be a stretch but there is a local meet in Blandford every 3rd Thursday of the month http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/356220-blandford-meet-7-thurs-18th-june-2015/ if you can, you should come along, it's a very friendly meet with some excellent banter and Jose who hosts the meet has VCDS and can easily activate this for you for a drink as oppose to a dealer doing this (please don't tell me you use Westover, if you do.. ABORT ABORT) at a much higher cost, PM me if you need any help with anything :)

I had the first 3 services included in my package when I bought the car. I asked at the first service if the car should be doing this and they told me it was a quick job (clearly, from above), and did it for nothing!

Now I've had it activated, I'm finding it an absolute nuisance! Doors can be locked if you remember to use the switch, otherwise individual doors can be opened from the inside, which thereby unlocks that door.

Scenario: unlock car and put bag in back/boot, set off and central locking kicks in. Stop at destination, open driver's door, which unlocks JUST THAT DOOR - then go to retrieve bag to find back door/boot locked! Only a matter of pressing the button on the door before getting out or the key fob after getting out, and I guess I'll get used to it soon enough.

Also need to remember to unlock central locking with button on door to let other people in, such as when picking up outside work etc.

I had the first 3 services included in my package when I bought the car. I asked at the first service if the car should be doing this and they told me it was a quick job (clearly, from above), and did it for nothing!

Now I've had it activated, I'm finding it an absolute nuisance! Doors can be locked if you remember to use the switch, otherwise individual doors can be opened from the inside, which thereby unlocks that door.

Scenario: unlock car and put bag in back/boot, set off and central locking kicks in. Stop at destination, open driver's door, which unlocks JUST THAT DOOR - then go to retrieve bag to find back door/boot locked! Only a matter of pressing the button on the door before getting out or the key fob after getting out, and I guess I'll get used to it soon enough.

Also need to remember to unlock central locking with button on door to let other people in, such as when picking up outside work etc.

You can also programme the car to unlock when you remove the ignition key, it sounds like they have not done this?

• Like 1

It was not a UK standard option when we bought our Citigo. It's a simple enough VCDS coding option if you have the right cable and program. Where are you located in Hampshire?

• Like 1

It was not a UK standard option when we bought our Citigo. It's a simple enough VCDS coding option if you have the right cable and program. Where are you located in Hampshire?

Don't activate it for him! I'm trying to get him to come to the Blandford meet :D

You can also programme the car to unlock when you remove the ignition key, it sounds like they have not done this?

No, they haven't. At the next service, I'll ask either that they include this or take it off altogether. I'm a bit more used to it now than last week, we'll see how the next 10 months go - I might pop in before then! lol

• 4 months later...

Hi I am new to the forum just picked up my new Citigo SEL in tungsten metallic its a 2016 model.

Can any body tell me the codes required to activate the following

1 automatic door locking when speed exceeds 10mph

2 cornering fog lights

3 come home lights.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...