Non chipped 2nd key for my roomster.

Hi there,

Newbie to Roomster ownership and the question I would like to ask is will a blank key (unchipped) cut from my master key work (ie open the drivers door ?) you may have seen these on ebay for a few pounds, I wonder if there are electronics involved as well as the key action.

By the way very happy with the roomster, still running my 1.6 2000 Felicia but what a difference !.

Skoda Roomster 1    2009     1.4 16v petrol

Thanks Silvafelicia

I would have thought if you put an unchiped key into the door lock it would unlock the door and nothing else at all. I'm not even sure it would deactivate an alarm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Taking a guess it would be like the little plastic that you used to get on certain models

Yes it will unlock the door I think the alarm would be possibly deactivated (not 100% sure) as the control module on the door lock would pulse

Can't see what use that would be unless you stashed a spare key in the car somewhere for emergency

Thanks for those reply's, I think that fully chipped 2nd key is the only answer.......an unchipped key might open door but as you say could pose alarm problems.

Thanks Silvafelicia.

If you only have one key for the car I would advise get a second fully functiong key. I used to work in the motor industry and the amount of times people came in desperate because their only key was lost or damaged and that was before chips and plips.

Agree with Imellman. Used to be Audi salesman. Loads of people panicked when they lost their 2nd key. Vaguely remember the wee plastic key was next to useless except in an emergency. Audi stopped supplying them after a while.