CTHE Remap FINALLY

By APR no. Apparently by Revo yes, haven't seen anyone to confirm though.

"

** As of January 2015, we are now able to provide Revo Software for the 2013 onward vehicles.  2013MY onward vehicles use a later version of the MED17.5.5 ECU with a TC1797 processor.

Both earlier and later versions are supported by Revo, please speak to your Revo dealer for further details **

"

Edited by Laars

REVO & Thought.

You ask REVO and they tell you to speak to a Dealer.

You ask a REVO Dealer and the answer is an interesting one.

So the best plan is Ask a Dealer Yourself, 

& ask REVO,  'Can we see some before and after Dyno's for your Stage 1 & Stage 2 Maps on a 1.4 TSI 132kw Minimum CTHE 2012-2014 Twincharger.?

Some guy i just met in Perth was  getting ready for Scottish Ultimate Street Car was filling up his car at the Tesco Momentum Pump.

Nice Fabia vRS CTHE.

So i asked him how it goes, he says its great about 220 bhp and he said it is a Stage 1.

I said i thought they could not be mapped, but he says they can and his is, he bought it from a mate.

It was remapped by George, someone called goneoffski on the forums.

Looking forward to seeing him going up the track tomorrow,

and saying hello again.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

I've spoken to a company which is having quite a good feedback for the work there doing via remaps and terracleans WG Tuning is the company. My car is a 14 plate and has hit 23k miles and I'm getting bored I have got a ITG induction kit and its only ever been run on vpower. He knows about the cthe and cave and is 100% he will have a map. Ive also have before and after rolling roads as proof. Its booked in for a week today and hopefully this keeps me as happy as I was on day 1!

Having been deafened by the silence from ANIIMEL, one can only assume that when push comes to shove, it couldn't be done. Pity, but I suppose we must accept that no Motor Tuning Company is going to invest cash & resources into what, after all is now an obsolete engine. Assuming that as many as 10% of vRS (CTHE ENGINE) owners want to realise more power from their engine, then the market potential is only a few hundred unit sales. Hardly worth a developers time or cash I'd say. Thank goodness for the likes of TMC & Bluespark.

• Like 1

REVO & APR that are big companies with many franchised / authorised dealers say they have done the work and the product is available.

Shark Performance have said the same on this forum.

Odd really that UK Companies & Dealers and others say they have the product to purchase and no one is taking them up on it.

REVO & APR that are big companies with many franchised / authorised dealers say they have done the work and the product is available.

Shark Performance have said the same on this forum.

Odd really that UK Companies & Dealers and others say they have the product to purchase and no one is taking them up on it.

I have approached APR & REVO, & both said it could only be done on the CTHE engine by "Jail Breaking" the ECU. Something I'm not prepared to consider whilst I still have a warranty. I haven't tried Shark.

A APR Dealer opened the ECU of a Briskoda Member, (he posted the pictures on here.), the Remap could not be done though.

This member.

(in videos now online with a S3 Stage 1 Remap by APR)

some swearing.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's done. A cthe can b remapped although not thru obd

If the Fabia vRS can't be remapped via the OBD port, presumably it can only be done by 'jailbreaking' the ECU, with all the repercussions that may have ie voiding warranty, risk of the tuning company 'frying' the ECU, strong chance of the remap being overwritten by future Skoda firmware updates. Not a task to be undertaken lightly.

I'd be very wary about putting my ECU through this process:-

• Like 1

Although EcoTune fix ecu's for a living and are experts in this field

I would consider going for this, subject to:-

1) My warranty has expired & therefore nothing to lose.

2) Undertaking from the tuner that in the event of the remap being over written by any subsequent Skoda service update, that the tuner will reinstall remap FOC.

3) The remap must offer a power/performance  advantage over & above that which can be achieved by a using a Tuning Box ie in excess of 210BHP & 250 ft/lbs of torque. I think I would need to see some Rolling Road figures to substantiate their claims.

4) An undertaking that opening the ECU is at their risk & not mine.

If all above is OK might be worth a punt, but at the end of the day I'm not convinced - yet.

Just do not put your car to a Main Dealership for a Service, and if your car was near one for any reason other than Servicing.

Put tape over the Fuse Cover and a 'post-it' saying, 'Do not touch'.

The Warranty is void anyway on the engine because of 'Non Factory Approved Engine Management'.

As it is though,

due the the known engine issues, there are members and others that had remaps, and still got an Engine replaced under warranty.

(Luck of the draw.)

Just looked on the ECOTUNE website, & their Stage 1 remap is only showing a BHP output of 200 , whereas we know that a standard CTHE can output 190BHP Torque figures promise 302N/m.

According to AWESOME GTI's Dyno, I'm getting better than that with just a tuning box -   206BHP & 252ft/lbs of torque. (Don't know what that is in Newtons, - I haven't gone metric yet) .Makes you wonder what's the point? But you pays your money & take your choice.

Who is this Newton guy anyway, - is he the guy that discovered Apples 300 years before Steve Jobs?

Just converted 250ft/lbs = 339N/m

• Like 2

Not APR, REVO, SHARK Performance or any other remapper has shown a Dyno of a CTHE Before and After.

People have asked, the Tuners have said they have done cars, including Shark Performance, 

yet none will show the Dyno Results.

(There is a Dyno Sheet posted in a thread though from the person that had a CTHE done to Stage 1 at Eco-Tune)

• Like 1

Just looked on the ECOTUNE website, & their Stage 1 remap is only showing a BHP output of 200 , whereas we know that a standard CTHE can output

190BHP Torque figures promise 302N/m.

According to AWESOME GTI's Dyno, I'm getting better than that with just a tuning box -   206BHP & 252ft/lbs of torque. (Don't know what that is in Newtons, - I haven't gone metric yet) .Makes you wonder what's the point? But you pays your money & take your choice.

Who is this Newton guy anyway, - is he the guy that discovered Apples 300 years before Steve Jobs?

Just converted 250ft/lbs = 339N/m

Yeah I understand why pay more for the same power output. But with tuning boxes they can run with a lean AFR which means lack of fuel = more heat at the top end. This is dangerous in my eyes. There is no knock control. Also switchable maps, 1 for stage 1 boost 2nd for standard and 3rd for 95 ron

• Like 1