Post Collection Bits to Grab

Hi all,

Took receipt of my new Octavia 1.2 SE Hatch on Saturday and I'm really happy with it - what a brilliant family car! Picked it up on PCP for £200 a month, which for what you get for the money seemed a no brainer - after my Alfa Romeo decided to die.

I was wondering what you decided to pick up post getting your new car home, as I'm looking to get some sill protectors and some good quality paintwork primer/wax but also wanted to ask your advise as to what you found most useful to get a hold of and if it's worth picking up the more expensive items.

Sills I'm looking at are here and the car care products are here and here

Cheers.

• Like 1

I got the same sill protectors from Caffyns - big dealers down south. Excellent. Genuine Skoda. The instructions say you also need a template to make sure you line them up correctly (found out after buying...) but careful marking up is fine.

Also got front mudflaps from here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK3-5E-FRONT-MUDFLAPS-5E0075111-/321219714021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aca2fdbe5  again, genuine Skoda.

And these storage pockets - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JOAQNNA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00  for each side of the central console

and this boot floor net - http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6234468723.html?orderId=63748169305865  Not as big as Genuine Skoda set, but excellent value for under a tenner.

And rear sill protector from Richard Grant - quite popular on here.

And two Transcend DrivePro camcorders, which are excellent IMO, but there are many brands  to choose from - see other threads.

I also got a central armrest because early SEs didn't have one.  ( For those interested, this - http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/product/1742/10191arm2/new-armster-2-black-car-armrest-for-skoda-octavia-mk3-2013.html  )

And a £10 set of mats from Asda to protect the Skoda ones.

Cheers guys,

I do have an arm rest, which is handy and I did get the dealer to throw in a set of internal mats and a rubber boot mat - but I had to pay an extra £100 for the spare wheel as the car was from stock and came with £500 of extras that I didn't have to pay for (CC, Adaptive Lights, MFSW) or so they told me ;).

I think I'll go for the sills and take care fitting them and I'll defo have to look at the mud-guards. 

Boot lip protector

Be careful with Collinite.  I used it on my Beetle and the finish was excellent BUT any if dust gets in it, it acts like grinding paste and leaves swirls.

I tend to use cream polishes now such as Autoglym and Meguirs.

Edited by Smeghead

I do have an arm rest, which is handy and I did get the dealer to throw in a set of internal mats and a rubber boot mat - but I had to pay an extra £100 for the spare wheel as the car was from stock and came with £500 of extras that I didn't have to pay for (CC, Adaptive Lights, MFSW) or so they told me ;).

The CC, adaptive lights and MFSW have been standard on all SEs ordered since the end of March. I would have paid extra for the MFSW, but the CC will be a nice bonus. I've not had a car with it before.

Yep, Smeghead's boot lip protector is the one. For a Mk 3, obviously. Silver on silver looks OEM.

And Autoglym. I use all their stuff except the detailing line.

Forgot - I also had cruise control fitted by the dealer. (I bought the car at 10 months old. The car, not me.) And it came with fullsize spare and toolkit.

There's a styling and car care sub forum. You'll get all you need in there referring

Regarding snow foam/pressure washers/  2 bucket method/mf or sheep skin wash mitts/ shampoo/ wheel cleaner/ fall out cleaner/ tar remover/ drying aid/ MF towels/ qds/_da polishers and pads/ polish/ sealant/ wax/ wheel protector/ tyre shine/ rubber and vinyl care products/ Hoover's/ brushes/ tubes/glass cleaners/ cloth and carpet cleaners/ leather restorers..... Oh and at where to get a professional detail plus what to pay. Good lads, know loads and share.

Autoglym do a good spray on polish that can go on a slightly wet car and doesn't take much buffing up, for between the serious polishes. Anyone else use one of their water blades?

I have ordered an AutoGlym kit from Amazon so I'll see how that performs, but looks like a good set by the reviews and £28 cheaper than Halfords!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collection-Perfect-Bodywork-Wheels-Interiors/dp/B00EF46HJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433572023&sr=8-1&keywords=autoglym+kit

I use Poorboys wheel sealant, it's a pink paste.
I have two sets of wheels one with winter rubber one with summer.
Each time I change them over I wash and clean the ones coming off. Treat them with the paste and put them away, till the next time I need them
During the time the wheels are on the car, normal washing keeps the grime down, and on the next change they are dead easy to clean back to factory condition.
Brake dust just washes off.
Best thing ever if you want to keep wheels looking good!

See what I mean here