Visually etc. My car of the day -today

vrskeith

On 02/08/2019 at 15:51, vrskeith said:

My car of the year 2019.

I've just been reading the Evo review of this car.  Basically there's nothing else in it's segment that can compare, e.g; it's the f'ing dogs! 

I think it looks lovely and it prompted me to get on the Porsche configurator.  I managed to get a nice one spec'd for £90K and went for a risqué Gentian Blue Metallic and just because it complimented the yellow carbon brake callipers, I also added yellow seatbelts, dials and contrasting seat trim (no honestly it was nice!) 

Now to find that 90K that I dropped behind the cushions when having that nana nap last Sunday....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I've just been reading the Evo review of this car.  Basically there's nothing else in it's segment that can compare, e.g; it's the f'ing dogs! 

I think it looks lovely and it prompted me to get on the Porsche configurator.  I managed to get a nice one spec'd for £90K and went for a risqué Gentian Blue Metallic and just because it complimented the yellow carbon brake callipers, I also added yellow seatbelts, dials and contrasting seat trim (no honestly it was nice!) 

Now to find that 90K that I dropped behind the cushions when having that nana nap last Sunday....

Perhaps Porsche will take one kidney in part-ex for the deposit.:sweat:

Just now, penguin17 said:

I could live with that: 

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 16.20.15.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 16.20.02.png

Unfortunately I believe the Cayman GT4 & Spyder are limited volume and only going to Porsche Selected Customers.Who will probably will sell them on for £110 k +. Which is what happened to the previous GT4.

It is my car of the year. 

• Like 1

No this time around saw a Porsche guy say that this will become a regular model and IS NOT limited in numbers unlike the previous model due to them vastly underestimating the huge demand last time.:thumbup:

Edited by shyVRS245
MISSING WORD

26 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Unfortunately I believe the Cayman GT4 & Spyder are limited volume and only going to Porsche Selected Customers.Who will probably will sell them on for £110 k +. Which is what happened to the previous GT4.

It is my car of the year. 

I saw a GT4 in Racing Yellow a few months back.  It looked stunning. 

Must admit, I think if I had the chance to own one 'high end' car in my lifetime, it would be a Porsche; classy and understated and people won't hate you. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

Still something special about the original mini after 60years . My era as a petrol headed youth, lots of fun, easy to tinker with & maintain . Simples.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Shocking parking though :D 

Abandoned maybe?  Thoughtful photographer closed the door to keep the photo tidy.

Gaz

32 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Not a bad every day package from Audi & it's Diesel.

"So we've got diesel rattle from the front but we've got a V8 wuffle from the back" -- That's probably not going to cut it for most die hard Renn Sport fans.   

I don't think it sounds that great TBH.  An AMG V8 on the other hand, makes me tingle...

I can't help but feel that Audi should have released this car 3-5 years ago, pre-diesel gate and whilst the 6cyl BiTDI was very much 'in fashion'.   The 4.2 V8 in the '12 RS4 was a pretty special engine, it revved and revved and was lovely to drive easily, I'm not convinced we'll be saying the same for this new engine in a few years but sadly my close friend you used to take me on S/RS/R8 promo days is no longer in the UK, so I won't be able to find out any time soon.  

The only saving grace that I can think of is it could be more appealing to company car drivers with good allowances.  

Edited by penguin17