Visually etc. My car of the day -today

vrskeith

Today mine was an R-reg Rover 100 in Burgundy

1988 1998(R) ROVER 100 1.1 ASCOT 5dr SOLD | Car And Classic

I followed it round the Ring Road and it looked tiny - even compared to what we class today as a small car...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, skomaz said:

Today mine was an R-reg Rover 100 in Burgundy

I followed it round the Ring Road and it looked tiny - even compared to what we class today as a small car...

Just remember that the Metro, aka Rover 100, looked huge alongside a REAL (Issignois) Mini :biggrin:

In my 'yoof' I owned 2 Minis followed by 3 Metros - for my sins :blush

• Like 1

Ahhhh..........

Perfect old persons car, fall in, so easily, and no need to get out...  Just sign the finance agreement, life can be too short to worry.

Too busy trying things out, launch control etc to 'turn on the bl00dy lights'.

Once he did have on the lights and rear fog i wonder if he forgot to put the fog light off when no longer needed.

(Maybe reminded by the camera person...)

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

On 21/12/2020 at 16:56, e-Roottoot said:

Ahhhh..........

Perfect old persons car, fall in, so easily, and no need to get out...  Just sign the finance agreement, life can be too short to worry.

Too busy trying things out, launch control etc to 'turn on the bl00dy lights'.

Once he did have on the lights and rear fog i wonder if he forgot to put the fog light off when no longer needed.

(Maybe reminded by the camera person...)

I would love one of these, I could live without the S model. So pretty too :) 

• Like 2

Love this 911 and on the A93 which is a perfect road for it or the perfect car for the road.. 

(Route for Blairgowrie / Braemar passing through the Glenshee Ski centre.)

What a load of guff really. 

You can drive the A93 when the road is dry in any car with not much power and FWD or RWD or AWD and tyres that are not bald and get around the bends (60 mph NSL & maybe a bit more) as quick as the 911 is going in the video while staying on your own side of the road.

On the twisty bits you need to be ready for sheep, photographers, walkers, cyclists or other road users on your side of the road while wondering about, talking, looking or making videos.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 2