Accessories for our Fabias

Was going to get the black mirror caps and grill from SuperSkoda, but between the exchange rate and cost of shipping to Sydney, it worked out cheaper to get mine painted instead.  When the car comes, I am going to get the 17" Clubber rims painted in matte black, so on a white estate with roof, im hoping it will look pretty cool.

I have ordered the black RS wheel centres though, which should come soon.  Car doesnt come for a couple of months but already stocking up!

What i was really interested in was the internal bike rack - its listed for the Octavia, but is there any word on whether it is adjustable and can fit in the Fabia estate?  Looks to me like the perfect solution for the mrs and I when we head away instead of putting the bikes on the roof.

So, literally £6.99 on eBay and it makes such a good difference on our keys. Loving the premium feel. Chrome key top. A bit sad but I love it!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Genuine-New-VW-Golf-Mk7-Chrome-Key-Top-Head-Screw-SINGLE-CHEAPEST-ON-EBAY-/131561392587?nav=SEARCH

I'm guessing that chrome part just fits over the existing area of that key, no, not sad, "must be fitted to strengthen the ring end of the key(s)" - I've got my reason ready before I've even ordered them!

I'm guessing that chrome part just fits over the existing area of that key, no, not sad, "must be fitted to strengthen the ring end of the key(s)" - I've got my reason ready before I've even ordered them!

That's right, you pop open the key and remove the current top (held in by a T6 Torx screw) and then slide/click it out. Then replace with the chrome version. Simple!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

That's the silicone case for the key.
I tried with a GOLF+ key and it fits perferctly !

BUT... i'm not sure that the Fabia 3 and the golf+ have the same key... The Golf+ key seems bigger with a sort of little bump on it.

Edited by Phoenix877

Hi folks, Just awaiting delivery of Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG, to replace Mk.11 model. We had fitted from new the door protectors on the old car(the ones which prevent thoughtless people opening their door onto yours). Skoda don't seem to do them. Has anyone seen any aftermarket ones? I keep looking but seen none on the road so far. Thanks. Benzman.

• 2 weeks later...

So, let's have a chat about accessories (those that are very practical, and others which are just for show/fun) that are worth getting for our Fabias.

I'm in the process of fitting these:

• FITTED: F3-CRG Fabia III - MEGA POWER LED cargo trunk light - KI-R: As Dilz said needs bigger opening. Plug is polarised.
  • FITTED: LED-DOME Fabia III - MEGA POWER LED interior dome light - KI-R: These are polarised so power source needs swopping to function (bulb-socket/festoon-socket - change orientation.) The outer 'reading' ones are identical and should be mirror-imaged to fit the plastic tray but they went-in ok. Was going to whinge.
  • 6V6075101 Fabia III hatchback - original Skoda mud flaps - REAR: Not yet fitted but instructions confusing leading one to believe a socket-set should be used. Two plastic 'push-in things+ weird clip for fixing?

NOTE: the wheel-arches have 3 metal screws (FRONT) 2 rear, already in position with Allen detents.

• F3-RBSILL-MAO Fabia III hatchback - black rear bumper protective panel MARTINEK AUTO:
  • 6V0071303A Fabia III - original Skoda door sill covers ALUMINIUM: (They were 39 Euros)

Customs to Oz approximately same as total cost of above.

Edited by anotherdownunder

So, let's have a chat about accessories (those that are very practical, and others which are just for show/fun) that are worth getting for our Fabias.

• 6V6075101 Fabia III hatchback - original Skoda mud flaps - REAR: These fitted by removing 2 'torx' screws with Allen key and using the plastic push-in screw to misaligned holes. The weird clip is a mystery in how to fit?
  • Front mud flaps go on easily after removing the 3 torx screws with the Allen key.

• 6V6075101 Fabia III hatchback - original Skoda mud flaps - REAR: These fitted by removing 2 'torx' screws with Allen key and using the plastic push-in screw to misaligned holes. The weird clip is a mystery in how to fit?
  • Front mud flaps go on easily after removing the 3 torx screws with the Allen key.

As just posted on "Dusty Back" thread --

As far as I recall from my fitting mudflaps -

just pull the bumper to line up the hole with that inboard hole in the mudflap - and push the plastic serrated pin home. It looks flimsy-ish - but it holds fine. 

Just looked at my one there now - and they're fine and solid after just 3 months.

• Like 1

Hello to all, Has anyone fitted protectors to the outside of the doors (Fabia 3).I had them on the Fabia 2 and they do the job. Stops the idiots opening their door onto yours, resulting in a lovely little dent.

I believe Skoda UK supply them at an eye-watering £160, too dear! Are any after market boys doing them? Please let me know.Thanks.

Ted R.

As just posted on "Dusty Back" thread --

As far as I recall from my fitting mudflaps -

just pull the bumper to line up the hole with that inboard hole in the mudflap - and push the plastic serrated pin home. It looks flimsy-ish - but it holds fine. 

Just looked at my one there now - and they're fine and solid after just 3 months.

Hello to all, Has anyone fitted protectors to the outside of the doors (Fabia 3).I had them on the Fabia 2 and they do the job. Stops the idiots opening their door onto yours, resulting in a lovely little dent.

I believe Skoda UK supply them at an eye-watering £160, too dear! Are any after market boys doing them? Please let me know.Thanks.

Ted R.

Superskoda.com just released these too, a fair bit cheaper but still not pennies! Never quite saw the purpose of these... But if you're saying they worked then wahay!

Superskoda.com just released these too, a fair bit cheaper but still not pennies! Never quite saw the purpose of these... But if you're saying they worked then wahay!

Hi, do you have the link? I don't see them on the site. Perhaps it will save my doors, but generally it's ugly :-(