Goodwood Festival of speed

Paulvrs200

I was thinking of going until I saw the ticket prices!!!

£104 for a day out it is too rich for me.

Went a few years ago when I bought some tickets off someone that wasn't able to go, which was less than half this price.

Disappointed Skoda aren't there this year (dies seem a bit odd, thought all manufacturers would have attended).

I've got tickets for Friday

Hate it when autocorrect changes does to dies....

• Administrators

I don't know why they think the superb III needs so much pushing to jepordise all others. No idea of the true figures, but look at a car lot, there is 1 superb for 20 octavias?

I can only imagine they are chasing down fleet sales giving the stagnation of private buyers to the brand. Good luck on that, one gov scheme I've seen is CO2 based & deprec. and VAG are not a good option, we had the choice of a superb mkII admittedly, but it was nowhere near the others. Even I didn't think it was that good a choice economically.... and I'm slightly biased and missing my superb.

FOS can be good, only been once, was ok. Glad I didn't have to pay, but still a long old trip down. Would like to have been there for the weekend rather than pressday to see more historics in action over the press runabouts.

I reckon best bet is to pick a safe known point and say at 11:00 be here and wave. say a bridge, or access point. Have a great few days out!

We go alternate years and went last year so aren't going this year. It helps that it is a 45 minute drive away, usually go on the Sunday as that is usually when the best cars run up the hill. Expensive - yes - but a fantastic day out if you are a Petrolhead.

• Like 1

• Administrators

BMW have confirmed a few interesting cars & bikes:

Goodwood’s famous hillclimb will witness speed runs from three BMW classics. In the driving seat of the BMW McLaren F1 GTR 1997 Longtail will be one of the UK’s best ever international racing drivers, Steve Soper. The BMW F2 March 782 will be steered by Johnny Cecotto, Touring car legend and the BMW E92 M3 GT2 ALMS / 24 Heures Du Mans will be driven by racing driver Cindy Alleman.

Seen in action for the first time last year, the three-cylinder plug-in hybrid sports car, the BMW i8 will once again take to the hill for the supercar hillclimb, driven by one of the UK’s best known television presenters and ex-racing driver, Tiff Needell. Tiff will also be in the BMW pavilion for interviews and autographs. Joined by legendary Formula 1 commentator, Murray Walker and by presenter for BT Vision’s Premier League football coverage, Jake Humphreys. On stand too will be Superbike World Champion, Maria Costello and Sebastian Gutsch, when they’re not riding the BMW S1000RR and R50 Kaczor up Goodwood’s hill. 

Been today and was really good. Nice to see some classic cars and the Supercars. Honda's pavilion was outstanding, having their vehicles in large boxes making them look like giant toy cars.

However, I was still disappointed Skoda weren't there. Thought with the new Superb and Fabia III launches, it would have been ideal to display them.

I've just got the task of going through all 1200 photos I took now....

Edited by GarrethW

Just been today (for first time)

Cracking day,Skoda very conspicuous by their absence

Early to bed,then try and see the other half tomorrow!

Is your lad driving anything up the hill? How does it compare to Bognor?

Been today, second year running. Advantage of free complementary tickets, disappointed Skoda weren't there. May go for a wander up the hill tomorrow to watch the rally stage for a while.

Is your lad driving anything up the hill? How does it compare to Bognor?

Much more exciting than Bognor

There are plenty of driving sim games with the hill climb on them,free as well

In typical style Ethan bet me on 'em all

Wore his 'i am the stig' tee-shirt and missed Ben Collins by seconds while we were at the mini stand.what a great photo that would have made :)

I saw about 10 minutes of this on You Tube and in that time Andy Green took the Bloodhound support Jaguar and turned it into a Shaguar. Stuffed it into a set of straw bails going up the hill. Sure he is better in a straight line.

Been for the last 4 days and was fantastic especially the old cars screaming up goodwood. Hopefully go again in a couple of years and hopefully skoda will be there. Shame really as all other vag marques were there

• Like 2