Hayselden's Doncaster join the 21st Century

StewartK

My yeti was taken in for a service and MOT today. I'm in Tenerife so my brother in law took the car in. I was surprised to get an e-mail from the service department with a video link attached. The video was a walk-through with a voiceover of some things they had noticed during a health check of the car. There were four things in total, my brother in law had already OK'd two of them and the other two were along the lines of check this within the next six months. What a great idea.

• Like 3

Yes I got similar with my Qashqai on its first service. Dropped off car, drove home the loan car and later in the day received an email saying I could watch my car being worked on via a link. You could see and hear the technician as he lifted the bonnet, did what was needed and passed comments as he went along. A very impressive service and what all dealers should be doing.

With our Volvo I've got a dedicated web account for the car to download appropriate user documents etc. book services and more. Can also access this in the car if I connect it to the web via a good smart phone, or wireless connection to the router in the house, when parked on the drive; mad  :rofl:

Oh the owners handbook is also embedded in the cars memory and can be brought up on the nav screen  :o

Not tried servicing experience yet; that's for next year hopefully.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Oh the owners handbook is also embedded in the cars memory and can be brought up on the nav screen  :o

That's a  great idea - always to hand when you need it. 

Can i ask what the 4 items were?

Did they include the Disc Wear,

AC Needing a Service,

Wipers blades & Tyre Wear,?

Haldex oil change

Tyre gunk out of date

Slight misting on offside front shock absorber

Wear on front discs

Wear on front discs.

So how about Wear on the Brake Pads that should wear quicker than the Discs, or have the pads already been replaced once or twice?

Heldex Oil Change is a item with a Service Schedule so that is a known thing from when the car was new, 

so no surprise there.

Tyre Gunk Date Expiry also know at the time it was put in at the factory, so again applies to every vehicle

as the life of the product is reached.

As to the Slight Misting on the Shock Absorber, that needs dealing with or not,

as it is a common comment and yet if the car is under warranty they want to take no action,

if you are paying they advise you spend money.

They are doing good work there,

pointing out the blindingly obvious and attempting some up-selling.

Edited by goneoffSKi

They are doing good work there,

pointing out the blindingly obvious and attempting some up-selling.

My car is out of warranty so I decide myself what action to take. They were not pushy about it at all just gave me the number of their service department if I wanted to talk about. I'm able work out for myself what is and isn't important to fix. When I see the car again I will make my mind up about what needs doing.

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea I always suspect the service department just sit at a computer making things up or sewing the seeds of doubt for easy jobs to do. At least you can see them touching the car. I'd rather they were doing more old school servicing however where they replace things but I guess I wouldn't like the price they came back with.