Superb vs Passat... and the winner is...

As a matter of interest (I dont know much about these sort of things) can an SE Business be purchased by a private buyer or just business people?

I was led to believe that the SE L Exec came with full leather

SE L Exec comes with alcantara seat covering (UK market) - full leather not even an option.

Ordered one yesterday.

As a matter of interest (I dont know much about these sort of things) can an SE Business be purchased by a private buyer or just business people?

Anyone can buy it.

SE L Exec comes with alcantara seat covering (UK market) - full leather not even an option.

Ordered one yesterday.

Every piece of Skoda UK info from first press release to brouchure have said heated leather seats in black or Ivory on the SEL Executive, but if they have changed it to alcantara I'm out :(

Every piece of Skoda UK info from first press release to brouchure have said heated leather seats in black or Ivory on the SEL Executive, but if they have changed it to alcantara I'm out :(

Here's the spec I ordered:

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/70813563

Scroll down and you'll see Alcantara Seat Covering.

I would have preferred full leather.. but not an option.

That's really poor by Skoda. It's essentially forcing anyone who wants full leather (me) into an L+K or away from the brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats odd because the Alacantra is standard on the SE Business with full leather as an option for only an extra £200 (black only)

Thats odd because the Alacantra is standard on the SE Business with full leather as an option for only an extra £200 (black only)

Odd is the word indeed... another is baffling.

No leather option on the configurator when specking a SE L Exec.

Thought of asking the dealer but... from recent experience, it's like I've got a PhD on the Superb when I hear what comes out of the salesman's mouth. That training trip to Sardinia was nice though... it was very sunny!

Edited by Didorx

The UK configurator clearly states that the SE L Exec comes with leather seats, as does the downloadable brochure;

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/en-gb?carline=69616

Superb Estate SE L Executive | From £25,420

Standard Equipment includes (over SE):

- Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS

- Leather upholstery and heated front seats

- Columbus satellite navigation system with 8” touchscreen

The UK configurator clearly states that the SE L Exec comes with leather seats, as does the downloadable brochure;

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/en-gb?carline=69616

Superb Estate SE L Executive | From £25,420

Standard Equipment includes (over SE):

- Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS

- Leather upholstery and heated front seats

- Columbus satellite navigation system with 8” touchscreen

Alcantara is leather... Try configuring a car then at the end choose the "configuration summary" option.

Here's one I just did...

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/71172980

Scroll down and it states "Alcantara seat covering"

post-129556-0-96173400-1437823986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Didorx

Didn't notice that before. I've sent SUK another message seeking clarification. I'm already hacked off that they're now charging £175 for Candy White.

I messaged them yesterday as I'm looking at the 150ps 4x4 SE L Exec Estate and wanted the rough road package - the configurator happily sells it but the brochure doesn't offer it on the SEL Exec and only does for cars with 16/17" wheels and then those only for specific engines (not inc the 150ps diesel). Very nice man from call centre in Leeds rang to confirm that the rough road package was indeed available and without any change to the wheels.

Edited by Claymore
  • Like 1

Alcantara is leather... Try configuring a car then at the end choose the "configuration summary" option.

Here's one I just did... http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/71172980

Scroll down and it states "Alcantara seat coveringi.

I'd check with your dealer and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as Claymore says in the introduction to the SEL Executive on the configurator it says heated leather seats whilst on the introduction to the SE Business it says alcantara and leather. I'll bet the mistake is in the configuration summary

Didn't notice that before. I've sent SUK another message seeking clarification. I'm already hacked off that they're now charging £175 for Candy White.

I messaged them yesterday as I'm looking at the 150ps 4x4 SE L Exec Estate and wanted the rough road package - the configurator happily sells it but the brochure doesn't offer it on the SEL Exec and only does for cars with 16/17" wheels and then those only for specific engines (not inc the 150ps diesel). Very nice man from call centre in Leeds rang to confirm that the rough road package was indeed available and without any change to the wheels.

I'm hoping this is just error number 3577 made by the work experience kid Skoda UK hired to put their specs together....

Ordered my car via Vehicle Management company so am supposed to get a call from Skoda within the next week to go through / confirm my chosen spec... will try to clarify it then as I'd much rather full leather.

• Like 1

Here's one I just did... http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/71172980

Scroll down and it states "Alcantara seat coveringi.

I'd check with your dealer and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as Claymore says in the introduction to the SEL Executive on the configurator it says heated leather seats whilst on the introduction to the SE Business it says alcantara and leather. I'll bet the mistake is in the configuration summary

Oh Stokey I so hope you're right... Alcantara will be plastered with layers of semi-chewed biscuit in no time.

• Like 2

Ha but Danny57 sat in one, are we just assuming that the brochure / configurator is correct, and a fellow members eyes are deceiving him?

I know it was a SE Exec, the thing I am now not certain of is. Was it a SE L Exec or a SE L Business Exec, either way it had Alcantara which although I have had full leather for ten years now found myself quite liking the feel/grip of the seat.

Which ever estate version 190 it is it was just over £30k list.

Edited by Danny 57

I know it was a SE Exec, the thing I am now not certain of is. Was it a SE L Exec or a SE L Business Exec, either way it had Alcantara which although I have had full leather for ten years now found myself quite liking the feel/grip of the seat.

Which ever estate version 190 it is it was just over £30k list.

Did it have LED Day Running Lights?

Do you recall what the display looked like? (See pic)

post-129556-0-60107200-1437852086_thumb.jpg

Hoping someone can clarify 100% as I'm about to order an SE L Exec. One reason is that I would *prefer* the black full leather which I have interpreted from the brochure is standard over the dark brown. 

Details of the business range here: http://www.skoda.co.uk/fleet/models/superb-2015-for-fleet/ - it does appear these are only for the fleet market.

And brochure here: http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/seBusinessModelBrochureJuly2015.pdf showing full leather as £200 option (as mentioned by kingofscotland above).

I'd be very surprised if the replacement for the elegance only had leather / alcantara. 

Did it have LED Day Running Lights?

Do you recall what the display looked like? (See pic)

Yes to the led light but the display was "dead" although the buttons were the same as it was a display model set up.

Edited by Danny 57

Just had John Good from Skoda Customer Services on the phone and he confirms that the SE L Executive definitely comes with leather upholstery as standard.

• Like 1

Just had John Good from Skoda Customer Services on the phone and he confirms that the SE L Executive definitely comes with leather upholstery as standard.

Just looked again in the flesh at the 190 estate SE L Executive and it has a mix of Alcantara and leather. It is a standard car with only metallic paint as an extra.

Just looked again in the flesh at the 190 estate SE L Executive and it has a mix of Alcantara and leather. It is a standard car with only metallic paint as an extra.

If you are looking `in the flesh` you are probably not in England then?

I am in the UK but I was asked by the person who has this car not to give their location away, hence why I am 21 for the 38th time!

Edited by Danny 57

I am in the UK but I was asked by the person who has this car not to give their location away, hence why I am 21 for the 38th time!

Thanks, but is it a UK spec car?

Alcantara is not leather and vice versa.

From everything I've seen the SE comes with cloth, SE Business with alcantara/leather (same as current SE) and SE-L gets full leather plus heated.