Locking Keys in boot

Thanks for hint. Do you know how to disable it through VCDS (in case I don't find it in the infotainment system)?

Like Andy, not off the top of my head, but every other VW car I've come across with the boot unlock function has allowed you to disable it (MK2 Octy and Audi A3 for example)

Looked for it in infotainment unit menus but it seems that MY2016 Octavia don't have that kind of opinion.

It's an elusive little chap - although mentioned in the manual as a something a dealer can do, my local Skoda agents didn't know anything about it when I asked them. However, that didn't stop them telling me how much they would charge to enable it - £65. I thought I would wait for the VCDS solution!

It's an elusive little chap - although mentioned in the manual as a something a dealer can do, my local Skoda agents didn't know anything about it when I asked them. However, that didn't stop them telling me how much they would charge to enable it - £65. I thought I would wait for the VCDS solution!

Its interesting that they know how to enable it (for not so little amount of money) but don't know how to disable it.

I think I might have found how to activate the taigate locking delay via VCDS - according to post 8 on this thread

http://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/verzoegerte-verriegelung-der-heckklappe.89743/

you need to change (26)-Access control-Freigabenachlauf Heck nach Einzeloeffnung ueber HDF-Funktaster to active.

The poster claims to have tested it - I'll try it myself when I can.

• Like 2

If you split up the compound words and go for wider meanings you get something like 'Tail release after-run following solo opening by remote'. I'd be very surprised if that isn't the one!

I'll try it this afternoon - my boot still seems to lock but it is difficult to tell as I have KESSY

Also, this seems to work on hatchbacks and maybe not on estates, and I have an estate

Perhaps a non-KESSY hatch owner needs to try :)

Edit: this does work, I just needed to reset the controller for it to work :)

post-61868-0-50563500-1444403715_thumb.png