Does anyone know the chaps selling LED bulbs at the National Meet?

Whilst at the recent national meet there were two guys selling LED bulbs out the boot of a Fabia, I would like to get in contact with them as I purchased some LED number plate bulbs from them after telling them what model I had.

I have gone to fit them this evening and there nothing like the bulbs that are in there. I naively thought that i could just swap the bulbs over as had spoken to them about whether they required coding or not.

The bulbs I bought are like these post-63978-0-83525500-1435353292_thumb.jpg and are a  different size and type to the ones I need and I'm a bit miffed at parting cash for a part that doesn't fit. 

Not a great pic I know but these are the type I need post-63978-0-48727400-1435353407_thumb.jpg

If anyone knows who they were can you let me know as I would like either to return these parts for a refund or to exchange them for the right parts.

I use these on the rear number plate and front side lights with no errors (my car is not coded). I have since moved the rear plate ones to the boot as I don't think the white light looks very nice on the yellow plate on a blue car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191568346840

Are these bulbs any good for the Mkiii number plate and sidelights? No fault codes thrown up etc

• Like 1

Paul - they are white and bright (I think the boot light diffusor on the O3 should angle more into the boot as it slightly dazzles you with a brighter light).

Adam - they are good for both, no error on either. I had them on the plate but no longer as I prefer the yellow on a yellow number plate but there were no error then. I still have them on my sidelights which compliment the bi-xenons, they have been on there for about a month with no errors (you can see them in my gallery). At £3 a pair I thought I give it a try and luckily they worked out OK (As with all LEDs it was a bit of trial and error to get the polarity right).

I ordered them one pair at a time as postage is free and delivery is quick just so you can try them for errors, colour and brightness.

Paul - they are white and bright (I think the boot light diffusor on the O3 should angle more into the boot as it slightly dazzles you with a brighter light).

Adam - they are good for both, no error on either. I had them on the plate but no longer as I prefer the yellow on a yellow number plate but there were no error then. I still have them on my sidelights which compliment the bi-xenons, they have been on there for about a month with no errors (you can see them in my gallery). At £3 a pair I thought I give it a try and luckily they worked out OK (As with all LEDs it was a bit of trial and error to get the polarity right).

I ordered them one pair at a time as postage is free and delivery is quick just so you can try them for errors, colour and brightness.

Thanks mate. That's really useful to know. I think i'll order myself a couple of pairs and see. Are the mirror puddle lights the same bulb?

Adam - Not sure about the mirror puddle but I don't fancy taking apart the mirror to find out (see video)

Paul - I have just uploaded a picture of the boot with the LEDs (excuse the mess)

That's not the worst one, the indicator one is even more convoluted (I'll just live with 'normal' bulbs)

Apologies to OP for deviating from the topic.

No problems, this is the point of forums to share information with each other on all aspects of ownership etc.

Am also pleased to say I've been in touch with the chaps and they are sorting it for me.

• Like 1

Puddle light bulbs are the same as No plate.

I fitted Ledperf bulbs to the No plate and they through a fault code.

I've now fitted genuine VW LED lamps then fitted the cheap bulbs in the puddle lights,it's not that hard really.