FIXED vrs idle shake

Sorry ...this part was broken

Surely you had other symptoms though if your alternator was goosed? What do you mean by "bearing thing"?

This part was broken my alternation

https://ww2.gates.com/europe/brochure.cfm?brochure=12176&location_id=18599

and it get my engine shake like that video.

That part dosent move my old alternator  no foward or backward

And when this parts stuck or jammed or what ever

Lol thanks for the feedback mate. All those videos are my car, I'm pretty sure I've got a "problem".

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

My mrs was the same for months, some days it wouldn't do it all, then is started doing it every now and then.

It finally got the point where on idle the engine was shaking itself to bits.

Offer is always there matey, if you go to unit and need a lift anywhere PM me as im always in MK

• Like 1

Cheers mate, I'm going to get the cam cover off at some point this week and see if there is any signs of the wear you have experienced. That might influence what approach I take.

Any news on yours yet?

Strange, other than very mild changes because of oil temps and loads on the engine, it is a mechanical fault so is almost constant.

If I'm interpreting what your saying correctly, I to don't understand why it can be intermittent and also not present at times (in terms of the violent tick over). By definition, like what you have said, it is a mechanical fault and is there regardless of what the engine is doing. It's not like a loose connection or something.

If I'm interpreting what your saying correctly, I to don't understand why it can be intermittent and also not present at times (in terms of the violent tick over). By definition, like what you have said, it is a mechanical fault and is there regardless off what the engine is doing. It's not like a loose connection or something.

Basically yeah!

That car is like my bloody Mrs, just randomly throwing wobblers for no apparent reason and would sooner keep you guessing what the problem is for weeks rather than just telling you! Lol

Slight delay due to a injector issue, final road tests are being done today but this it now how the engine runs

http://vid53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/jon_woo/VID-20150709-WA0000_zpsm2qgy3fv.mp4

Before that engine was literally moving all over the place

All sorted mate?

Just had the cam cover off to have a high level inspection of mine. Seem to have quite significant wear/flat spots on at least the cam lobes I can see. I couldn't get good pictures of the followers I could see but I could also see some were worn (had the circular looking effect on the top.

If you zoom in on the areas I have circled you will see what I mean.

It is also probably important to know that I am shining a very bright LED mag light with brand new batteries in on the cam lobe surface to show up this wear. Just by generally looking the cam actually looks in near on perfect condition.

Screenshot_2015-07-11-10-49-05_zpsg2cctl

Screenshot_2015-07-11-10-49-58_zpso2dctm

Jon just out of interest where do you get your fuel from? Do you always use the same place?

I've noticed something strange which is probably completely unrelated but my engine shake is horrendous right after I fill up with fuel. I get my fuel from sainsburys and pretty much always have, the same one too in derby. I slap a shot off this millers crap in that I got cheap from halfords and a day later it has calmed down again.

Its only ever filled up at a BP behind the mrs house.

the engine is totally smooth now but shakes from time to time, i do have a price on the work done but they wont help you as we didn't pay much labour for certain reasons

Right the engine is now running smooth as silk and all the work seems to have fixed 90% of the problem,

However if the car is idling then it will start to judder and only goes away if i blip the throttle, it then comes back.

What i have noticed is if i turn the aircon on then the judder completely goes away, i have read on hear a couple of times about people suffering the same issues, i cant find the threads or if anyone every found the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

And here is what work has been done so far

• New clutch and fly
  • Broken engine and gearbox mounts replaced
  • Injectors removed, inspected and professionally cleaned + new seals
  • Cam shaft removed, inspected and measured (perfect)
  • Cam lifter (buckets) inspected and replaced as they were damaged
  • EGR inspected and cleaned as much as possible (still hesitates as per most EGR's)
  • Injector loom replaced
  • Cambelt and water pump replaced (timing is spot on)

Could it be that the pd just isn't a very refined engine and this could be interpreted as being normal? So many people seem to post with the same sort of issue.