FIXED vrs idle shake

I don't think it is meant to be like it as mine has the same engine and doesn't do it.

I will continue to play with it until i either find out whats wrong with it or push it into the canal outside Unit 18 lol

Mine doest it from time to time but just put air con on and heated screen and it goes off or just up revs a little .... I have been told by someone high up with vag / working with skoda that they have had many issues with this many times before when the blt engine came out with fabia comeing back under warranty and have been unable to fix it ... They say its a cariteristic of the blt engine .. But belive its due to the emmisions contols trying to keep things sweet .... Dont for get the 1.9 pd is a old engine she was around in the 90s where emissions wasent so much ... Since then vag have added loads of things to keep it going as its one of there most reliable engines like differnt turbos dmf egr asv dpf ect which wont be on a early pd motor ... Ours the blt eninge is the last of the pd engine with added anti shudder valve from the asz motor to try and lower emissions even more ... Even with all the extra bits like egr asv the 1.9 pd still failed euro 5 emmission regs that why the se came about as a run out for the fabia and the blt motor ;( ... Youll struggle to find a asz doing this but a blt will do it every time... Iv heard egr delete and upping the idle slightly will solve all of your problemes but havent tryed it on mine yet as it dosent really bother me as shes never sat idleing much ........

Lol Jon_woo runs an SE that doesn't do this! This thread is on his Mrs's car (I think).

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Ash you are correct.

Mine is a SE and my Mrs is a 06, both with the same engine and built within months of each other.

Think im going to take it back to Unit 18 and get them to map it and up the idle

Well even if it isn't 100% bottomed out mate, you've at least got a solid engine that shouldn't need anything doing for a bloody good while!

Well even if it isn't 100% bottomed out mate, you've at least got a solid engine that shouldn't need anything doing for a bloody good while!

I literally cant recommend them enough as you know, they have bailed my mrs out more than once (she lives in MK and i dont).

They have literally repaired everything on the car and minimal costs, this issue will be solved one way or the other

Turning the aircon on clearly ups the torque in the engine some how (guessing to run the compressor?) so hopefully upping the idle will do the same

Do you know how to do this using VCDS?

Ali played with it before, my mates a mechanic with the gear to up the idle.

I will do some digging into what it can be changed to

Cheers mate, I've read the default idle value equates to 32768 or something like that in VCDS so it might be trial and error. There seems to be lots of info on it on the internet, even where some people have even reduced the idle slightly to smooth it out.