Low oil consumption

Been reading posts on the Forums about high oil consumption on relatively low mileage engines. I had the oil changed at 9k but during the 18 months from new I have never added any. Is my engine typical?

You should not have issues with a 1.2 TSI over users of oil,

if it uses a little top it up and know where the level should be with the correct quantity 

of oil.  with a cold check, and as the Owners Manual tells you to do it 'warm'  (that is a translation mistake, it should be 'Operating Temperature.)

Have you been reading about 1.4 TSI Twinchargers like in the Fabia vRS.

Oil users there are a whole different kettle of fish.  & Only where some are faulty.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have two Roomsters in the family, both about a year old and 1.2. TSI 105's. One has 5,000 miles, the other 13,000. Neither has need any oil top up at all.

Both are still checked regularly.  There have been examples I believe of some of the larger blown petrol engines (usually in Audis) using virtually no oil for long periods, and suddenly consuming a lot, so we have no intention of being caught out.

• 2 months later...

Been reading posts on the Forums about high oil consumption on relatively low mileage engines. I had the oil changed at 9k but during the 18 months from new I have never added any. Is my engine typical?

My car will be 2 years old next Feb (2016)   Now done 17K miles from new.  1.2TSI 86. SE   Checked it today, not a drop used at all.  One service last February at around 10K.  If from using no oil to suddenly consuming large quantities would indicate a problem, but these TSI engines are great !  I have owned both the 105 and 85 versions. (105 in a Monte Carlo before I needed to change).  12K on that and never used a drop.  Very impressed